Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Wednesday 8th, Survival horror "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is Released!
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: 2010-09 Wednesday 8th, Survival horror "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is Released!

I played it for about an hour, and it's looking damn good. I can't wait to really sink into it tonight!

Congrats guys, you got another winner here. :-)

09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Find
rahduke Offline

Threads: 0
RE: 2010-09 Wednesday 8th, Survival horror "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is Released!

I'd love to play this game, I'd probably love to buy this game. Unfortunately I can't get the demo to run on Ubuntu...

fatal error: check your openAL installation

I checked my openAL installation, its fine....

Terminal spits this out:

AL lib: oss.c:173: Could not open /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy

Dunno if i posted this in the correct forum, can't find any help on the web. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
09-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Find
Guyra Offline

Threads: 2

Bought it from your store, and currently downloading. Can't play it until tonight though, as I've got my son here, and have to work from 16 to 23. But I'm seriously looking forward to this one, guys! The demo rocked, and judging from that, I'd say you've outdone yourself since the Penumbra series(which I, as most others here, also love)!

BTW: I guess you have to update your site so that Amnesia goes under "Released"... Wink

Now I'm awaiting news on physical copies. Smile
09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Find
Jonez Offline

I played the game about 3hours. When I was first dealing with a enemy(not first enemy, but first time face to face) I locked it to the room it was coming from. I though to have some fun like last time I was playing Penumbra Black Plague. (locking the thing to the rooms, race with it and trowhing stuff to hes face). But it wasnt like that in this one. After it sunddenly broke the door It wasnt funny at all... I was running for my life after I realised it was faster than I thought. I got stuck in every crate and barrel and tryed to jump to the barrels all this to leading to my death close the exit...

The game is much scarier than I tought, funny fooling turned in to running to my life in a panic.

All this can be seen in my Let's Play videos from my Jonez Games Youtube channel when I have finished the game(havent ever done lets plays before, but I thought this game is worth it. and it is)

congratulations, Frictional Games! You have made an extra scary game ever seen before!

Jonez
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Find
Quakeman224 Offline

Been playing it..........and Ive gone insane Again Tongue.

PS: it means that it gets me so fast. I keep turning around in the dark, I have to pause the game thinking I heard something in the game when I didn't. And I have hard time sleeping sometimes cause I keep thinking there is something in my room. Penumbra did it to me. And Amnesia is doing it better. LOVE IT
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Website Find
jpmartins Offline

I just bought the game. I want to thank Frictional Games for all their amazing work.
You guys bring back the sensation that non-cliché games are still possible nowadays.
This is definitely the type of game worthy to spend my money on. I had promised myself to support Frictional Games on this, and today I did. Wink
I will also continue to spread the word and suggest this game to my friends and the communities I'm in.

Thanks and I hope you guys can continue to develop these amazing games with your everlasting philosophy of hard work and endeavor. Tongue
09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Find
Groggen Offline

Got this on Steam last night and been playing a few hours in and damn... I actually had to stop at some point when I was to scared to continue. I just went back to what I perceived as some sort of safe spot and promptly quit.. Smile I went to Steam and got all three Penumbra games instead to support devs that dare to do things a bit different. Will have another go tonight.. If I can muster up the strength to do it.. Smile

I really hope sales of this is positive so you can keep going doing games like these!

Bra jobbat!
09-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Find
tedy Offline

Is it true you're in financial dificulties?
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Find
starmonkey Offline

Threads: 1

(09-11-2010, 03:37 PM)tedy Wrote: Is it true you're in financial dificulties?

You'll probably find that Amenesia has done very well for them. Lets wait and see!

I'm hoping they use the HPL engine for their next game to save on development time. It's a pretty good vehicle for a game.

Personally I'd love to see a game set in a city with multiple/varied locations that you travel to. Check out the boardgame "Arkham Horror" for the kind of game I was thinking of! (good community project if I ever heard of one)
09-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(09-11-2010, 03:37 PM)tedy Wrote: Is it true you're in financial dificulties?

It's always true for indie developers.

09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Website Find