Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia dying shortly into game.
Mandis Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Amnesia dying shortly into game.

After turning all the graphics settings either off or to their lowest settings, I can make it past the intro to the game. As soon as I try to check my journal however, the FPS of the game drops to somewhere around 10. To clarify.. this is not 10 frames-per-second. This is 10 seconds-per-frame. After a bit of random clicking, the game simply shuts down, no error messages, nothing.. I've tried everything in the troubleshooting guide, and I've got no idea what to try now.
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Find
Mandis Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia dying shortly into game.

Any help would be appreciated.. I can play the game up to (I assume) the first flashback so long as I don't open my journal, or my inventory, or menu, or anything, really. I'd really like to play this game.
09-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Find
Kleetus Offline

Threads: 3

Try what I suggested in the thread you posted in: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid33521

09-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Find
Mandis Offline

(09-09-2010, 04:35 AM)Kleetus Wrote: Are you using the latest drivers?

Try temporarily disabling your sound card/chip in Device Manager, then run the game and see if the problem is still there.

I've got the latest drivers. Disabled the sound card, restarted the computer so it actually worked, and now the game won't load at all. Error message is "FATAL ERROR - No sound devices available! Check your OpenAL installation."

EDIT: Never mind, seems I didn't look into the forums hard enough. Problem is with my ATI X-series graphics card.
09-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Find