Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Segfaults when leaving Laboratory or enter Archives
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Segfaults when leaving Laboratory or enter Archives

(09-14-2010, 11:13 AM)Oblidor Wrote: If you tell me how to locate the savegame file I can send to you mine. I have 64 bit version, and it crashes when I try to enter the Archives
The save game files are located in the ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/[profile]/ folder. (Where [profile] is the name if your ingame profile name )

(09-14-2010, 11:13 AM)Oblidor Wrote: Is there any coding difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions or only compilation? I don't see why 64 bit should crash and 32 bit don't.

It baffles me as well, as there is only compilation differences. However I have been able to recreate several of the issues and have them fixed and am just doing more thorough testing to make sure ALL of these odd issues are fixed in the upcoming patch.

(09-14-2010, 12:05 PM)nilsonpvh Wrote: I will not switch to x32bits because of this game ... the company must have a solution!

nilsonpvh, if you notice I AM working on trying to solve this issue and will provide a patch to fix it. Please be patient as I work though these issues.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
09-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Website Find
Oblidor Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Segfaults when leaving Laboratory or enter Archives

(09-14-2010, 01:11 PM)Urkle Wrote: The save game files are located in the ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/[profile]/ folder. (Where [profile] is the name if your ingame profile name )

I sent a PM with address to where you can download the save games.
09-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Find
nilsonpvh Offline

Threads: 4

(09-14-2010, 01:11 PM)Urkle Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 11:13 AM)Oblidor Wrote: If you tell me how to locate the savegame file I can send to you mine. I have 64 bit version, and it crashes when I try to enter the Archives
The save game files are located in the ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/[profile]/ folder. (Where [profile] is the name if your ingame profile name )

(09-14-2010, 11:13 AM)Oblidor Wrote: Is there any coding difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions or only compilation? I don't see why 64 bit should crash and 32 bit don't.

It baffles me as well, as there is only compilation differences. However I have been able to recreate several of the issues and have them fixed and am just doing more thorough testing to make sure ALL of these odd issues are fixed in the upcoming patch.

(09-14-2010, 12:05 PM)nilsonpvh Wrote: I will not switch to x32bits because of this game ... the company must have a solution!

nilsonpvh, if you notice I AM working on trying to solve this issue and will provide a patch to fix it. Please be patient as I work though these issues.

Urkle,

Thanks for all your attention on the problem, because it's an isolated but multiple.

Not only do I like thousands of people waiting for a solution!

ps: I apologize, impatience, because there was another one that good news about the problem since you are working on the same ... is scheduled for when you will have a patch?

thanks!

Nilson
09-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Find