Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most disturbing areas/moments
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Most disturbing areas/moments

(09-10-2010, 10:25 PM)brrrrainz Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 09:59 PM)sacroid Wrote: Wait a moment,...
Spoiler below!
The Iron Maiden? I have never seen a "Zombie girl" in the whole game! >__<, how the hell I missed that? Where is exactly that Iron Maiden in the Prison? :O

Spoiler below!
it's in this big choir room, in one of the torture rooms where the orb pieces can be found. just approach that thing.

although it might not have the same effect on you cuz you'll be expecting something to happen now =)

Spoiler below!
Fuck I hate Choir, holy crap, that really freaked me out. But wait a moment, the Iron Maiden is that one that has a mecanic leg?

09-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Find
brrrrainz Offline

Threads: 1

no no, i think we have a bit of a misunderstanding here *g*

isn't this torture instrument called iron maiden in english? http://www.bjwinslow.com/albums/executio..._1_200.jpg

if not, sorry.
09-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

(09-10-2010, 10:39 PM)brrrrainz Wrote: no no, i think we have a bit of a misunderstanding here *g*

isn't this torture instrument called iron maiden in english? http://www.bjwinslow.com/albums/executio..._1_200.jpg

if not, sorry.

oh lol! That's the Iron Maiden? Yeah, that was freakin' spookie, I thought you were refering to a special enemy type or something. Yeah, that REALLY made me jump.

By the way, it's not a torture instrument, is a KILLING instrument! Tongue

09-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Find
ploppytheman Offline

Threads: 0

(09-10-2010, 09:10 AM)wally Wrote: Really? No one has mentioned this yet?
Spoiler below!
The Iron Maiden. She's just so unnerving to look at, I was creeped out before and after the scripted event.

At first I feel fear, then I felt annoyed, then I felt ok. The whole game there were no jump scares and then this ONE had to be put in. For a second I felt like the game had become cheap and the devs have gone soft. But I realized its the ONLY jump scare, extremely well done and surprising and was happy again (as happy as you an be playing this game).

Storage was scary as well as the wine cellar. The part in the morgue with the drill was pretty good too. Lots of good stuff all around.
09-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Find
wastedfate Offline

(09-09-2010, 01:48 AM)MassacrMan Wrote:
(09-09-2010, 01:38 AM)NGW Wrote: God my heart jumped when I opened that door X_X

God man me too, I didn't even hear anything either. I always make sure nothing is behind the door, so I creak it open and all I could think SHIT!

Spoiler Alert.

Spoiler below!

Really? I was like oh hey, I just saw one of these and pretty much walked past him, they are so slow then I lol'd :3. Shut the door on him, walked away, noticed he for some reason couldn't break through until I headed back, again sprinted past him and out of storage.

Ironically scariest part for me was in study, I hear some door opening, and I had already gotten so used to the ambient noises that I ignored it. Then on my screen in the tips bar, which I never bothered to turn off it told me to hide, im like, oh hey, a monster. So I hide in the closet as he's breaking through the door.

Even more irony, I crack the closet door a bit, and look out at him, and just start laughing again at the model. But decided since it was so close quarters i'd stay hidden.

09-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Find
Informative Offline

Threads: 13

I was in the Storage room and heard a gurgle when I closed a door and isolated myself. Haven't seen the Grunt since. Big Grin

[Image: 10138.png]
09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2

Most disturbing?

Spoiler below!
Paint the body, cut the lines. Paint the body, cut the lines. Paint the body, cut the lines.... and then the newly decorated hallway that ensues after you snap out of it. Sent shivers down my spine.

Scariest?

Spoiler below!
1) The water monster. I don't think I need to belabor that.

2) Any of the areas where you just have to run and barricade and hope the instadeath doesn't catch up with you. Oh god, my heart was racing.
09-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Find
Headhanger Offline

Threads: 1

I have to say that my heart was beating overtime while being chased by
Spoiler below!
the shadow after you escape from the prison.
In fact, that whole area had me completely scatter-brained, trying to keep calm so that I could think clearly but constantly bombarded with the fact that time was running out.

There is the sewer:
Spoiler below!
There was that grunt who was standing with his back to me, looking down the corridor I needed to get to. I threw a rock from one corner, hustled around to the other and crept by as its back was turned, thinking I was being so clever.

Then, as I began to open the door at the end of that corridor, I heard a grunt start roaring. I thought it must be behind the door and ran back down the corridor only to see the monstrosity running towards me.

I think it missed me by a whisker's breadth as I pelted past it, just shouting to myself run, run, run, run, run but it soon caught up with me and killed me with a single blow.

It was pretty nerve-wracking because, of course, you can hear its footsteps in the water behind you, but they're muffled by your own so you can't be sure of exactly how close it is.
09-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Website Find
sacroid Offline

(09-11-2010, 06:55 AM)Headhanger Wrote: I have to say that my heart was beating overtime while being chased by
Spoiler below!
the shadow after you escape from the prison.
In fact, that whole area had me completely scatter-brained, trying to keep calm so that I could think clearly but constantly bombarded with the fact that time was running out.

There is the sewer:
Spoiler below!
There was that grunt who was standing with his back to me, looking down the corridor I needed to get to. I threw a rock from one corner, hustled around to the other and crept by as its back was turned, thinking I was being so clever.

Then, as I began to open the door at the end of that corridor, I heard a grunt start roaring. I thought it must be behind the door and ran back down the corridor only to see the monstrosity running towards me.

I think it missed me by a whisker's breadth as I pelted past it, just shouting to myself run, run, run, run, run but it soon caught up with me and killed me with a single blow.

It was pretty nerve-wracking because, of course, you can hear its footsteps in the water behind you, but they're muffled by your own so you can't be sure of exactly how close it is.

Yeah,
Spoiler below!
That part in the sewer was very hard, and actually the first time I saw that grunt, I threw a rock in the other corner of the place
but he didn't moved! so I tried throwing a rock to his face, I hit him, and he didn't moved, yeah, he got bugged lol

09-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Find
moxi Offline

(09-09-2010, 01:36 AM)MassacrMan Wrote: Storage room by far is the most frightening to me so far.

Spoiler below!
I exploded the rubble and went downwards, lit some candles to save my lantern. I opened a door and HELLO there's a freaking monster in my face. I slammed it shut and ran over where you get the flashback of the girl trying to get out. Grabbed the two rods then hightailed it out of there, only until I had one of those mouthless horrors of a monster in my face again. I ran back the other way to hide behind some barrels and the second I turned around in my dark hiding spot he was literally 5 FEET FROM ME.

I litterally froze in terror in real life and exclaimed oh my god, he slashed me twice and somehow I managed to get out from behind the barrels and run all the way out of the storage room back to the entry hall, he managed to swipe me one more time right before i left Storage. Those guys are fast and terrifying, I am NEVER going back to storage.

Unless I have to...

Also can someone tell me about the girl you hear crying in Storage? Is it the monster just taunting you towards him, or is there actually a girl in there that needs help?

I almost had the exact experience from storage room!
I get afraid when I think of the place... uuuhhgg :<

Visit my website for gaming news and articles, hopefully I (or someone else?) post a review on this game there too. Thanks.
09-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Find