Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your plans when the Level Editor is released
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Your plans when the Level Editor is released

amnesia has a wide enough variety in the textures and models. im still hoping they get the rights to also include the penumbra models, texture ext. like i discussed in a forum awhile back.
09-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Find
grahfcard Offline

Threads: 1

Do the tools include every model, texture and resource used in the game, or do they come with a more limited set? Do they include the sound effects/music too?
09-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-10-2010, 12:26 PM)grahfcard Wrote: Do the tools include every model, texture and resource used in the game, or do they come with a more limited set? Do they include the sound effects/music too?

You need the game to use the level editor.

And the models, sounds, etc. is included in the game.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

In my opinion, we should get an team together on the forums and then create something spetacular.

I'm good at texturing, and ive used valve hammer for awhile so I know level design too.
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Find
Amnesia Offline

Threads: 2

(09-10-2010, 01:29 PM)Arvuti Wrote: In my opinion, we should get an team together on the forums and then create something spetacular.

I'm good at texturing, and ive used valve hammer for awhile so I know level design too.

good idea! but I'm not very good at any of those things. Well, besides Photoshop, I'm good at photoshop Big Grin dunno, maybe I can create object/creature skins or something.
09-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Find
grahfcard Offline

Threads: 1

I'm pretty excited about this and can't wait to see how easy it will actually be to use. I once tried to write an interactive fiction game with a very similar castle setting, but the coding proved to be too tough for me and I didn't follow it through. The tools, however, put things in a whole new light, and I'm curious to revisit the idea.
09-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

(09-10-2010, 01:29 PM)Arvuti Wrote: In my opinion, we should get an team together on the forums and then create something spetacular.

I'm not good at ANYTHING, just level making/design. I was a little mapper in Doom 3, and the editor of that game was very hard, so if Amnesia's level editor is much easier, I would love to join that team (if it founds) to create the level, triggers, I'll try to learn as fast as I can ( I learn fast Wink )

09-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

Just remember to keep it simple Smile if you start any projects. Its a shame time and again to see projects that just dies, yeah its good to have ideas and ambitions. But its just better to start small and simple get something working and add to it.

Like say before you wanna make an entire game or something crazy, good idea to start with a map Smile im still amazed how Black Mesa Source hasnt died, while litterly 100 of good mods have since the time of their start.

But a wacky and fun idea, now they made a game for us, then we make a custom mod game for them Smile im not sure how fun it is to play a game they tested and tested and designed, Im guessing that isnt really anything specielt. Since they ofc know everything.

Only editor recently ive been messing with is Hammer for souce, and man oh man is that editor beyond crappy, there is so many things that can happen, that can down right fuck up your map. and its just generelly unfriendly. and it takes ages to make even the simple things. Its really a shame since, they keep to a strong community and such is a good sound editor, thats easly to learn - hard to master.

From what ive seen in the youtube video where they make that room, it seems fairly easy, that you can places walls already textured and stuff, i really kinda like that. I just really like to many something, because who doesnt DIGG the atmosfere in this game, the castle setting, the darkness, the lightning. Its just so mindbuggling Smile
09-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Find
NicolieFrixon Offline

Threads: 2

I might make a map like the movie Cube, where you spin the handle and then the next door will open and you go into the next room and hope it doesnt have a trap, you could pick up a shoe that was on the floor and throw it into the next room ^_^ it might be boring after a while, but thats what i first thought of when i thought of the editor
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Find
Mofo Offline

Threads: 4

(09-11-2010, 11:26 AM)NicolieFrixon Wrote: I might make a map like the movie Cube, where you spin the handle and then the next door will open and you go into the next room and hope it doesnt have a trap, you could pick up a shoe that was on the floor and throw it into the next room ^_^ it might be boring after a while, but thats what i first thought of when i thought of the editor

that sounds awesome, I loved that movie.
09-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Find