Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible Bug - Acid
bamccaig Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Possible Bug - Acid

Spoiler alert: if you don't know which acid that I'm referring to then turn around now. Big Grin

So near the beginning ish of Amnesia I have retrieved the 4 chemicals from the wine cellar and mixed them into the pot in the laboratory. I noticed that even after filling the pot the chemicals remained in place. I returned to the sealed passage way in the entrance hall and used the acid on the biological substance blocking the passage way. It "dissolved", clearing the path.

I decided to test whether or not I could refill the chemical mixture pot right away, expecting to need more of the acid in the future. I returned immediately to the laboratory without ever crossing through the now dissolved barrier. In the laboratory, I am unable to place the now empty mixture pot back on the table. I am therefore unable to refill it. OK, fair enough. Not logical, but meh... Dodgy

Defeated, I return to the entrance hall, only to find that the biological barrier has returned. Now I have no acid, cannot make acid, and cannot progress. Is this a bug or am I just doing it wrong? Blush

Thanks!
09-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Find
Creid Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Possible Bug - Acid

It's a bug and you need to load a previous autosave. There's no need to backpedal to refill and none of the testers were apparently shrewd enough to try & refill so this bug passed by undetected.
09-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

It's not just that barrier.

It doesn't seem to save the level state at all, like it did in Penumbra.

Spoiler below!
I've thrown the same dead corpse around 300 times, and every time I get back, it's there again.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Find
bamccaig Offline

Threads: 1

(09-09-2010, 08:17 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: It doesn't seem to save the level state at all, like it did in Penumbra.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Spoiler below!
In particular, on my second trip to the laboratory I had to re-pile boxes to get out.

I remember Penumbra doing a pretty great job of remembering the level state. I miss that. Smile I'm guessing that wouldn't be a simple patch though. Tongue
09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Find
wcer Offline

Threads: 7

While the path being blocked is clearly a bug I wonder if some of these effects are intentional - a sign of insanity "I'm SURE I moved these boxes before..."
09-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-09-2010, 02:36 PM)wcer Wrote: While the path being blocked is clearly a bug I wonder if some of these effects are intentional - a sign of insanity "I'm SURE I moved these boxes before..."

Nah...

[Image: 16455.png]
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Find
SlickMcRunFast Offline

I ran into the same issue. I'm glad to see others like to go for seconds at the buffet.
09-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Find
GreyZ Offline

Yeah, pretty annoying bug. Good thing autosaves are not overwrited...
09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Find