Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game doesn't work
yenpointfive Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Game doesn't work

So I got an error which read: "Renderer #0 could not be initialized" and decided to google it. This lead me here. I checked technical support only to find out that apparently, not only does Amnesia not work well on laptops but usually doesn't work at all on a Radeon X1400.

I feel that this should have been mentioned on the Steam store page. Somehow, I feel justified in assuming that I've been swindled when I just purchased a game which doesn't work on a wide variety of computers (from what your tech support thread has made abundantly clear) and won't work on my graphics card "for a while".

I can live with releasing a game with bugs but a game that doesn't load at all on a large number of computers seems like something that should have been caught during testing. I paid full price for a game which, by relatively generous standards, should not be considered working or finished and I'd like to know that something is being done about it.
Okay, I've been through the entirety of your tech support that applies to me to fix this and nothing about the situation has changed in the slightest.

I'm going to wait until monday for a patch supporting laptops and the ATI X-series or I will ask Steam for my money back. I was a fan of Penumbra and that's the reason I bought Amnesia so quickly but I don't like being sold merchandise with such glaring errors as not working on laptops
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010, 03:12 AM by yenpointfive.)
09-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Find
Intelintegratedgraphicsucks Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game doesn't work

see http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3756.html
This game has different sys reqs. So no complaining. No one said it would work on mobiles or onboard chips or old chips. Your GPU needs OpenGL 2.0 (2.1 to be really sure) AND GLSL 1.2 to run this game.
Quote from STEAM Shop: "min. Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work."
There is also a free demo of the game. Why didn't you download it?
A 9600 is older, but has OpenGL 2.1. Your X1400 is newer, but only has 2.0 and presumably GLSL 1.1. So forget about this game.
09-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Website Find