Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive lag that only occurs at certain times
Raiden333 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Massive lag that only occurs at certain times

This is kind of a weird bug. The game is running really well at medium settings on my PC with no lag at all, but if I open my inventory, open my journal, grab a note off a table, or hit escape, the game freezes and the audio loops very annoyingly for about 10 seconds before it opens.

What makes it weirder is that if I open inventory/notes/main menu shortly after I've opened it before, this doesn't happen at all. It's like it only happens when I open a screen after at least 30 seconds of gameplay, which makes it happen 100% of the time.

edit: If it matters, I'm on Vista 32bit.
09-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Find
Atlas Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Massive lag that only occurs at certain times

(09-09-2010, 03:12 AM)Raiden333 Wrote: This is kind of a weird bug. The game is running really well at medium settings on my PC with no lag at all, but if I open my inventory, open my journal, grab a note off a table, or hit escape, the game freezes and the audio loops very annoyingly for about 10 seconds before it opens.

What makes it weirder is that if I open inventory/notes/main menu shortly after I've opened it before, this doesn't happen at all. It's like it only happens when I open a screen after at least 30 seconds of gameplay, which makes it happen 100% of the time.

Im also having the exact same problem, its been mostly happening on Radeon cards.
09-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Find
Mandis Offline

Threads: 2

Same problem here, although when I open the journal the audio doesn't hang. The game just freezes until I click a dozen times and force it to close, somehow.

edit: And I -am- using an ATI card.
09-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Find
Raiden333 Offline

I'm using an nVidia 8800 GT myself.
09-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Find
Kleetus Offline

Threads: 3

Are you using the latest drivers?

Try temporarily disabling your sound card/chip in Device Manager, then run the game and see if the problem is still there.

09-09-2010, 04:30 AM
Find
Raiden333 Offline

(09-09-2010, 04:30 AM)Kleetus Wrote: Are you using the latest drivers?

Try temporarily disabling your sound card/chip in Device Manager, then run the game and see if the problem is still there.

Yeah, latest drivers.

I think I fixed it... I get no problems if I just turn the graphics down a notch and run it at my native resolution, instead of at a lower resolution.
09-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Find
kfred87 Offline

Threads: 0

(09-09-2010, 03:12 AM)Raiden333 Wrote: This is kind of a weird bug. The game is running really well at medium settings on my PC with no lag at all, but if I open my inventory, open my journal, grab a note off a table, or hit escape, the game freezes and the audio loops very annoyingly for about 10 seconds before it opens.

I have the exact same problem... But this problem never occured when I tried out the demo yesterday, before I bought the full version...

Read that Raiden333 fixed his problem by turning down the graphics a bit. However this doesn't work for me at all...

I run the game on a GeForce 8600M GT with the latest graphics and sound drivers... Also Vista 32-bit.
09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Find