Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framerate drops after period of time.
Gamerkought Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Framerate drops after period of time.

Hello, Amnesia seems to run fine at first until after awhile, anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or more, the game suddenly drops dramatically in framerate, from the constant 60 to 20-30, at which point I have to restart the game.

My drivers are all updated, and I disabled Aero. No other processes are running in the background, although perhaps the steam overlay is causing it...

Nonetheless, it almost seems like a memory leak, but I am not sure.

Thanks!
09-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Find
MattF Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Framerate drops after period of time.

(09-09-2010, 04:16 AM)Gamerkought Wrote: Hello, Amnesia seems to run fine at first until after awhile, anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or more, the game suddenly drops dramatically in framerate, from the constant 60 to 20-30, at which point I have to restart the game.

My drivers are all updated, and I disabled Aero. No other processes are running in the background, although perhaps the steam overlay is causing it...

Nonetheless, it almost seems like a memory leak, but I am not sure.

Thanks!

If you ctrl+alt+del when this happens you can watch the memory usage of amnesia climb continually, so it would seem that it is a memory leak. Disabling aero seemed to fix it for me, but I've only played for an hour since I did that so I may have just gotten lucky. Either way it needs fixing.
09-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Find
rogigor Offline

I have it too. From 60 it drops to 30fps sometimes. But I just wait a few secconds or enteranother location and it rises again.
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Find
Cyborg34572 Offline

Threads: 1

I dont have this problem with amnesia but i had a very similar problem with another game i had. The game would run fine for a few mins and then the fps just drops, and u cant do anything to fix it but to restart the game, but then it would just happen again.

The solution to that problem was disabling HID(human interface devices) in device manager. Could it also be the solution for this game?, idk, Probably wont fix it but its still worth a shot.
09-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Find
Gamerkought Offline

(09-09-2010, 01:17 PM)Cyborg34572 Wrote: I dont have this problem with amnesia but i had a very similar problem with another game i had. The game would run fine for a few mins and then the fps just drops, and u cant do anything to fix it but to restart the game, but then it would just happen again.

The solution to that problem was disabling HID(human interface devices) in device manager. Could it also be the solution for this game?, idk, Probably wont fix it but its still worth a shot.

Was the game FEAR? I remembered that game doing it as well. I disabled that though, and it didn't help.

Like I said though, it sometimes will go a long period of time, over an hour, without it happening. I hope it gets fixed though.
09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Find