Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?
Angerpull Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?

(09-10-2010, 07:08 AM)Mikezila Wrote: Whenever I get spotted I usually grab something and start running, if I feel like they're closing in I turn and peg them with it and then keep running. It stutters their footfalls for a brief moment, so I'd like to think I'm turning a profit on my efforts. I doubt there is a way to kill the monsters.
Good idea. But I do hope you know they become twice as fast if you hit them with something. Just to catch up to their previous range of you. They stop speeding when they are at the same length they were before they were "pegged".
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-11-2010, 07:19 AM)superluser Wrote: I don't know the answer to your question about Amnesia, so I'll give you the answer to a different question.

In Penumbra Overture, you could kill enemies with weapons or environmental objects. The Frictional folks realized that that was not the type of gameplay they wanted and removed that option in Black Plague, where you have no weapons.

I recall spending several minutes trying to kill an infected with thrown objects in Black Plague before I figured out that it was impossible. I doubt that Amnesia would bring back gameplay that they had decided to get rid of earlier.

Actually if you throw a heavy enough object at the infected from black plague multiple times they DO die Smile search it up if you don't believe me

Posting Freak
09-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Well... they do have a health value set on them, but I do not know if it actually can go down or up.

Insanity. Static.
09-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-28-2011, 04:26 AM)Juby Wrote: Well... they do have a health value set on them, but I do not know if it actually can go down or up.

It's the health regeneration that's more the issue in Amnesia. Even if damage is dealt by tossing objects at the monster, by the time you pick up another object the monster would already be fully healed.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Website Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

You can kill monsters in amnesia, I do it all the time when I'm bored Smile Try it yourself (You may have to set Disabled Triggers Wink )

Stand in fromt of him with a box, and repeatedly throw the box at his feet. Eventually he will "Die" (His State in the Debug Menu reads "Dead")

However, he has no deadh animations so he just stands there... I don't know if you can create a Death animation, if you can then you can successfully make killable monsters Smile

09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-28-2011, 05:14 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(09-28-2011, 04:26 AM)Juby Wrote: Well... they do have a health value set on them, but I do not know if it actually can go down or up.

It's the health regeneration that's more the issue in Amnesia. Even if damage is dealt by tossing objects at the monster, by the time you pick up another object the monster would already be fully healed.

Yeah, I tried to kill one, made him stuck (see vid "2" for example) and collected tons of boxes to throw at hims but it didn't work well (tho, I think, I made a record in the contest of "How Many Boxes One Can Throw At Grunt Within One Minute").

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

I've done a few experiments with the Grunt ragdoll model so it looks like you actually kill the grunt as it falls over motionless, but this is in the Hints forum so it doesn't really pertain to normal Amnesia.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
10-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

The only thing that'll get killed is you. :p
10-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Find
vladdracul Offline

Threads: 1

I just tried barricading myself in the 'armory' room in black plague after you get out of the sewers and get the 'rusty saw' haha. the barricade worked and the infected dude couldn't get to me, but after 5 minutes of throwing steel boxes at it nothing happened...all i did was trap myself there lol.
I guess that you cant kill 'em is good in a way because it makes it more realistic, in the sense that you really would not try and attack something that goddamn creepy in real life lol (unless you're insane). So yeah.. Stealth and ninja skills ftw.
11-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

(09-11-2010, 05:51 PM)NGW Wrote: Oh you CAN kill things in Black Plague, it just takes such an amount of time that it really isn't feasible.
TrueSmile Tested out and worked.

I don't think that it's possible in amnesia without specific scripts.
And with specific scripts it would be like that the enemy just disappears.
Or if you want to make a new animation to grunt or brute and make them die like that, be a devilSmile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Website Find