Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?
Fartsicle Offline

Threads: 2
Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?

Hey guys, just wondering if its possible to kill a monster by swinging a shovel at him or other hard object. I once got a monster stuck in the study, and I repeatedly pelted him with pieces of a cabinet, all it did was knock him back quite a bit. I thought maybe the drawer wasn't strong enough to kill a monster. Anyone have a success story?
09-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Can you kill monsters by swinging objects?

I don't think so. I like to pretend you can do stuff with the knifes and saws, but it's not possible.. yet Wink
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

Whenever I get spotted I usually grab something and start running, if I feel like they're closing in I turn and peg them with it and then keep running. It stutters their footfalls for a brief moment, so I'd like to think I'm turning a profit on my efforts. I doubt there is a way to kill the monsters.
09-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

I've tried making impromptu barricades with stuff like chairs and barrels. They usually knock it right over and pursue. Holding an item in front of you as a shield doesn't work. They walk right through it, which was disappointing to see. It would've been awesome if they smashed it aside to get at you.
09-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3

I don't know the answer to your question about Amnesia, so I'll give you the answer to a different question.

In Penumbra Overture, you could kill enemies with weapons or environmental objects. The Frictional folks realized that that was not the type of gameplay they wanted and removed that option in Black Plague, where you have no weapons.

I recall spending several minutes trying to kill an infected with thrown objects in Black Plague before I figured out that it was impossible. I doubt that Amnesia would bring back gameplay that they had decided to get rid of earlier.
09-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

Oh you CAN kill things in Black Plague, it just takes such an amount of time that it really isn't feasible.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Find
Angerpull Offline

Threads: 24

(09-10-2010, 07:08 AM)Mikezila Wrote: Whenever I get spotted I usually grab something and start running, if I feel like they're closing in I turn and peg them with it and then keep running. It stutters their footfalls for a brief moment, so I'd like to think I'm turning a profit on my efforts. I doubt there is a way to kill the monsters.

Did you know when you do that, they sprint twice as fast for a second or two? And yes, they Imidiately start to sprint.
06-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

They have no death animation so no
07-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

You can "Kill" a few specific Grunts and Brutes by causing them to fall down enormous depths, but that is about it.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

You can't "kill" any of them, there is no such animation or script. For example, check my "Avoid capture" video.

Yes, Brute disappears when he falls down in Choir but he being quickly respawned right after that. I never was able to load Choir level but I believe there is a trigger zone at the pit's bottom that just respawns him. They don't die.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Find