Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Compiling a List of Problems
SarS Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Compiling a list of bugs/glitches

In Rare Books room in the Archives. In the far right corner, between bookshelves and chest of drawers we can fall through the texture.
I am attach screenshots.

Attached Files
.jpg   1.JPG (Size: 139.42 KB / Downloads: 140)
.jpg   2.JPG (Size: 156.19 KB / Downloads: 144)
.jpg   3.JPG (Size: 44.14 KB / Downloads: 144)
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

if you stack a bunch of boxes or somemthing under those doors that u raise by pulling a lever or turning a valve it stays open,handy exploit

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Find
Rosto Offline

Threads: 3

1. Prison South. There's one cell with dead body inside. Now check this guy's feet:

[Image: amnesiabug001.th.jpg]

2. Prison North. I've jumped where the arrow's pointing out to check the crack in the wall. Suddenly after a few seconds I fall down through it. Finally Daniel hit the bottom of the map, died and respawned in the cell with the monster in it. The monster approached him and vanished after a second in a cloud of dust.

[Image: amnesiabug002.th.jpg][Image: amnesiabug003.th.jpg][Image: amnesiabug004.th.jpg]

3. I'm not sure is it a bug or a feature. After moving from one map to another and back, all previously moved items and doors are returning to their default position/state.
09-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Compiling a list of bugs/glitches/etc

Thanks to the three most recent reports. I got some attachments in, but for some reason I'm limited to in that post. Is there a limit I'm unaware of? For now I've just used the hyper-text link to reference them.
09-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

Certain closet doors open when your in them and sidestep Tongue

also in the cells where u wake up in near the end of the game once you get out and mess around with the lock a bit the doors physics act a bit weird

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Find
yman Offline

I found a typo. In the first-run introduction, the word that is underlined in the attached image should be "off", not "of".

The manual also contains this typo on page 2, in the section "Load Game":
Quote:If you just want to start from where you left of: use “Continue”.
The Bold word should be "off", not "of". also the colon shouldn't exist. Either remove it completely or replace it with a comma.

Page 3:
Quote:Make sure to investigate the surroundings at a gentle pace and be vary of any strange sounds – it can be vital to your survival.
Bold word should be "wary", not "vary".

Page 4:
Quote:Once an object is in focus, the interaction possible depends on the icon shown.
The bold text should be "possible interaction", not "interaction possible".
Quote:All should be very intuitive
The Bold text should (probably) be: "It should all", not "All should".
Quote:and the below instructions should only be used as a reference.
The Bold text should be "instructions below", not "below instructions".

Page 5:
Quote:When the default interaction icon is displayed, the object can be one of ones listed below.
The Bold text should be "those", not "ones".

Attached Files
.jpg   Amnesia - The Dark Descent - typo.jpg (Size: 37.78 KB / Downloads: 132)
09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Compiling a List *SPOILERS*

Thanks for the contribution. There are some more typos in the game's subtitles, so if you manage to catch any of those, too, post them here. I'm on my second playthrough, but already missed a few accidentally while trying to search for other things. Dodgy
09-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Compiling a List of Problems

Bumping for an update.

I've separated all the problems into different categories hoping to make the list look more organized. I tried to list them in order (top to bottom) in importance, but if a more serious issue is added to a lower category I will adjust it accordingly.
09-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Find
thiz Offline

Threads: 7

Translation Bug in the German Version:

When you enter the room in the Archives with the Books, that you have to pull out, Alexander is saying "You hear that?" and the german subtitles then go for "Hast du verstanden?" but it should be "Hörst du das?" or "Hast du das gehört?"

Because "Hast du das verstanden?" means "Have you understood that?" and that makes no sense.
09-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

(09-14-2010, 01:13 AM)thiz Wrote: Translation Bug in the German Version:

When you enter the room in the Archives with the Books, that you have to pull out, Alexander is saying "You hear that?" and the german subtitles then go for "Hast du verstanden?" but it should be "Hörst du das?" or "Hast du das gehört?"

Because "Hast du das verstanden?" means "Have you understood that?" and that makes no sense.

Updated the main post. Have you found any other mistranslations? I think I've only missed one or two flashbacks/dialogues in the English version. It would be good (in a sense) to have some more of these to report.
09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Find