Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wooden crank?
Reportin' Offline

Threads: 3
Wooden crank?

I just completed the game (yes, I took my time), got all three endings... but now I wonder,
what's the wooden crank item good for? I don't think I've used it anywhere in the game.
If I remember correctly, it can be found in the Control Room.
09-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Find
lherrmann Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Wooden crank?

I was wondering about the use of the crank myself. I thought it would be used to access some secret area or something like that. So I searched through the game files for any reference of it and found the answer to be far more mundane. Smile

You probably jammed the wheel-operated door in the control room open with some wooden boxes. From what I gathered, if you don't do this and you try to open the door from the inside, the wheel breaks off and you have to replace it with the crank. It doesn't seem to have any other use in the game.
09-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Find
kastanok Offline

Threads: 0

Ah, interesting. Yes, I for one instinctively propped that door open in case I needed a quick exit that way. Good work there, lherrmann and thanks for sharing the info.

09-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Website Find
Reportin' Offline

Threads: 3

I put a nearby chair underneath the closing door, just like it's shown in the Physics Trailer...
09-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2

Haha thanks for that. I was curious too. I immediately put those boxes under the door just to make sure I could run through if I was attacked.
09-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Find
Cyborg34572 Offline

Threads: 1

Its used for the sewer level. In the room where you have to fix the bridge parts, theres this door you have to open by turning a valve. When you turn that valve too many times itl break, You then have to replace it with the wooden crank to open the door again.
09-11-2010, 04:07 AM
Find