Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSOD when trying to enter lab
alucard Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago BSOD when trying to enter lab

So when I click on the door to the lab the load sreen shows up and right after i think its done loading the room it gives me a blue screen of death and I've tried all the suggestions in the first guide but it still crashes. I tried verifying game cache still crashes and by crashes I mean BSOD.I don't know what to do. I'm running on win 7 64 bit with a Geforce 480 GTX.If you need any more info let me know. All drivers up to date clean installs.
09-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: BSOD when trying to enter lab

Did you set write permissions on Amnesia.exe and tried to launch the game as Administrator?
09-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Find
alucard Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: BSOD when trying to enter lab

(09-11-2010, 10:08 AM)Thomas Wrote: Did you set write permissions on Amnesia.exe and tried to launch the game as Administrator?

I did figure it out. It was because I changed the config file so I could get 5.1 sound. To fix that I'm useing Creative Alchmey which does not cause the game to crash and gives 5.1. You should add that as a workaround for 5.1 on Creative cards. I don't deserve credit for it. I found it on the steam forums. Thank you for the timely reply though. You and Cyan Have giving me the best customer support out of any game companies I've dealt with and I will continue to buy and support your games.
09-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Find