Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Glitch Followed by Crash
Blumoon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Unusual Glitch Followed by Crash

Hey all,

I've been loving the game so far, but unfortunately I've run into a really strange problem. I was last playing in the castle substructure, just after escaping the prison. In the large room where you must collect oil to grease up a lever, I did so once -- after which the game told me that doing it multiple times would help to break the pipe that's blocking the ladder -- but upon pulling the lever a second time, I was greeted with an almost indescribable sight. It almost looked like the normals were flipped on every piece of geometry, and my screen just became a black and pink muddy mess. It's important to note that I could still play; the game was still responding to my input, I could hear myself jumping and running, but I couldn't see any of it past the insanity.

I hit the ESC key to quit to the menu -- which worked -- and oddly enough the GUI all looked fine. The main menu had the same problem: the GUI looked fine, but the scene behind it was freakish and glitchy. I exited the game and was greeted by a black screen and, after a few seconds, my whole computer locked up and my monitor went to sleep. I thought my graphics card had died! Huh

Thankfully that wasn't the case; I rebooted the computer and all seemed to be fine. However, now when I launch Amnesia and attempt to reload my profile to continue the game, it plays the animation of "entering the cavern" at the main menu, but when the screen fades out the game closes immediately without reaching the loading screen. Even more interesting? When I re-launched the game to try it again, a new "dev_user" profile had appeared in my list of games to continue. What's going on?

I've included the hpl.log, though nothing seems to be out of the ordinary...here's hoping the problem can be solved! I am very anxious to continue this wonderful game! Thanks guys.
09-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Unusual Glitch Followed by Crash

Try A.2:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2010, 10:13 AM by Thomas.)
09-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Find