Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Church Names in Brennenburg's Rooms
JohnwarrenDailey Offline

Threads: 1
Church Names in Brennenburg's Rooms

The setting of the first Amnesia video game is Brennenburg Castle. Some levels are named pretty straightforward--Rainy Hall, Wine Cellar, Orb Chamber, Back Hall, that sort of thing.

But then came more obscure names--Choir, Nave and Transept. I googled them up to see if this was actual architecture. Well, they all are, but what struck me odd was that the Choir, the Nave and the Transept were rooms inside a church! And looking at the whole map of Brennenburg, it'd seem that the locations don't match the given names:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/at...p?aid=2984

So the question is, why were some rooms given names of church architecture?
03-07-2016, 04:18 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Church Names in Brennenburg's Rooms

Why not?
03-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Find
JohnwarrenDailey Offline

Threads: 1

(03-07-2016, 07:14 PM)Green Manalishi Wrote: Why not?

It doesn't make sense, that's why not.
03-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

Well,
I would say that castles (in general) were actually a little bit more than just fortification. It is obvious that people lived there for long periods of time. That's why there are your typical kitchens and wine cellars.

In that time period, Christianity is very prominent especially among high social status people. Usually, the king or the ruler were often thought as very close to the God.

It would make sense for Christian people, living in a castle like Brennenburg, to have a place where they could prey.

You, however, have a point about those places not looking really like the places they're called after. In that sense, Alexander himself, has to refer to those places somehow. He is out of this world and therefore, his terminology would not make sense to anyone and so he might have called the places something they kinda look like and other people can understand.

But then again... I'm no expert.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 10:38 PM by Spelos.)
03-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Find