Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI intelligence.
Informative Offline

Threads: 13
AI intelligence.

How smart is the enemy grunt/brute? If I were to sneak around all the time, would the Grunt/Brute see me in the middle of a nearly-pitch-black room?

Do we HAVE to hide in a closet, weather the room is dark or not? Is the AI as dumb as the TES4: Oblivion AI? (Crouch in a dark area while hiding around a corner and the enemy simply "forget" you, or go to where they last saw you)

[Image: 10138.png]
09-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2
RE: AI intelligence.

(09-11-2010, 07:11 AM)Informative Wrote: How smart is the enemy grunt/brute? If I were to sneak around all the time, would the Grunt/Brute see me in the middle of a nearly-pitch-black room?

Do we HAVE to hide in a closet, weather the room is dark or not? Is the AI as dumb as the TES4: Oblivion AI? (Crouch in a dark area while hiding around a corner and the enemy simply "forget" you, or go to where they last saw you)

For the most part? They just plain make sense.

If you're in the pitch dark with no light, they won't see you. They will still hear you, but only if you're running near them or otherwise making noise. Generally, if you're crouched behind something, they won't see you. Just crouching in the dark is usually good enough, but if they get too close to you, they'll still find you.

They do seem to forget about you a little, though. If you run and hide and they don't find you, not only do they wander off, but sometimes they disappear entirely. That's not to say they won't reappear later on, but still. It's terrifying. D:
09-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Find