Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thank you, Frictional Games
Fitzcarraldo Offline

Threads: 1
Thank you, Frictional Games

This is a work of art. I've never been scared by anything the way I've been scared by Amnesia, and you guys deserve all the praise that can be given to you.

Your ability to create an atmosphere that is so consistently oppressive and horrifying is unparalleled. This is a game that makes you feel almost psychologically exhausted by playing. The endless sense of alienation, vulnerability and confusion is truly amazing.

The last time I felt like this was after watching David Lynch's "INLAND EMPIRE."

This is to say nothing of the game design and physics, which are also wonderful. I was a big fan of the Penumbra trilogy, and now I am a big fan of Amnesia. I will be hounding all my friends (well, those who play games, at least) to give it a shot, as well as recommending it to friends who are interested in interactive art and filmmaking, even if they aren't gamers (yet!). I feel your work with this game is something that would appeal to people who work in those mediums, too.

Congratulations on a job well done. I hope you guys can pay yourselves decently after this!
09-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Find
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Thank you, Frictional Games

I totally agree. Frictional has really outdone themselves this time. Amnesia makes Penumbra look like a tech demo- and Penumbra itself was a masterpiece! The game was a joy to play from start to finish. It took me 8 hours to complete my first play through- as long as all of Penumbra did. I'm currently working through the game again, with the developer commentary turned on. I'm loving it.

The game's music is particularly amazing. Mikko Tarmia has amazing skill. At times, the music would be horrifying and would build up tension. At others, it was hauntingly beautiful. I will absolutely be buying the official soundtrack!

Amnesia approached horror on so many different levels it always kept me on my toes. It was scary and at the same time, the story fascinated me. There is so much lore and so many twists that even on my second play, I'm learning new things. Even the voice acting was great!

Amnesia really is a work of art. An absolute masterpiece. Thank you for making this game, Frictional. Smile
09-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Find