Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

But the fix is at the .hps file of course, it's a scripting issue not a save game one. Don't expect an official fix/patch. It's been too long.
05-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

Yes, but the .hps is included in a save file. When loading a current save game, the integrated .hps will be loaded - no matter which .hps is installed.
What do you mean with "it's been too long"? They also updated the Setup of Penumbra in 2011, 4 years after release. Some games gets still updated after 6 years.
05-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(05-03-2013, 08:36 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yes, but the .hps is included in a save file. When loading a current save game, the integrated .hps will be loaded - no matter which .hps is installed.

What? No, if you replace the .hps no matter what save you load that's the one that will be used.

(05-03-2013, 08:36 PM)Googolplex Wrote: What do you mean with "it's been too long"? They also updated the Setup of Penumbra in 2011, 4 years after release. Some games gets still updated after 6 years.

That's not an update, it's just the collection. Releasing an update means that there are significant issues, not rare minor ones. Usually the minor ones are included together with the bigger.
05-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(05-03-2013, 09:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: What? No, if you replace the .hps no matter what save you load that's the one that will be used.

No. An other example: When you install patch 1.2 when you are in middle of the game, changes will not take effect until you enter a next level. The current level will not be loaded by the hps file, it will be loaded by the save file which is a clone of the old (unpatched) hps.
So, when you try testing your morgue fix, you shouldn't use my savegame of the original level, you has to load a previous one where you are in cistern entrance and then enter the morgue. The game has to load a fresh hps file and not an already saved to take changes.

(05-03-2013, 09:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That's not an update, it's just the collection. Releasing an update means that there are significant issues, not rare minor ones. Usually the minor ones are included together with the bigger.

That was just an example. Amnesia is a great masterpiece of Frictional Games, not just an other video-game to sell around. They should care their games, no matter if an important bug is found 3 years later. Amnesia is their pride and I think they shouldn't leave the game behind.

Gothic 3 for example was released in 2006 and it got an official patch by Nordic Games (Publisher) last year. Penumbra got a "true" patch in 2009, where it was already 2 years old. What I want to say is, that Amnesia is important and it's worth to get cared.

And why do you call it "temp fix" when you do not expect an official fix by FG? Jens also said he will see what he can do.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 10:06 AM by Googolplex.)
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

The events over the body have not happened yet at this save I got. The script functions that control these events were never executed. In order for them to execute the player must do an action, a callback. So If they are updated there shouldn't be any problem.

Releasing a patch means a lot of things because it has to be made for retail, steam, amazon, linux, mac and then it must be verified, tested etc... (lots of other stuff that I don't know). I do not expect an update because it's a very minor issue that to be honest only three people found. Who left clicks the mouse while drilling anyway?

When I say temp fix I mean that the script I added avoids the problem, it does not solve it. It's like treating the symptoms but not finding a cure. What I expect is, Jens or someone with higher scripting skills than me, find the actual script buggie and correct it. Then, upload in the form of an attachment (not an update) the fixed .hps file.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

OK, but I don't believe they would make an external attachement as a hotfix for Amnesia. But as we know, this problem can wait. They have enough work with their current projects. But it is possible, that Amnesia get an update very later. When not, it's nice to find the workaround here.
There's also a fixed control room.hps by me to make all three puzzles (weights, cylinder and pipes) required to repair the bridge.
05-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Find