Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)
ice031 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

Hello,

I've been trying to puncture my hand after I put the make-shift tube/Needle into the dead man's head.

I didn't discover that you had to puncture your hand on the tip right after you put the device into the head...

So I left it as it was and returned back to the cistern... I tried to go past the poison and on to the next room,,, but it says that i still need to get the vaccine.

I go back to the Morgue and try to puncture my hand... but the dot-like cross hair does not turn into a hand icon when i mouse-over onto to the tube/knife device...

instead...no hand appears... I am at a loss. I do not want to restart the game from the beginning... and my load game list does not have the previous load start before all this mess.

Is this a bug?? Please help

Attached Files
.jpg   Cannot poke my Hand.jpg (Size: 101.64 KB / Downloads: 266)
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

Have you tried clicking on the man's head or the body as a whole? I believe the hitbox is large, but centered more on the body than on the place at the end of the needle. It's worth a shot.
09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Find
ice031 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

(09-12-2010, 07:57 PM)Commando Peach Wrote: Have you tried clicking on the man's head or the body as a whole? I believe the hitbox is large, but centered more on the body than on the place at the end of the needle. It's worth a shot.

Hello,

Yes, I cannot even click on the body. I can click on objects around the body (i.e. tools and rocks) but not on the body. When a small object is placed under the makeshift tube in the dead body's head... it becomes impossible to pick up again...or difficult to select.
09-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2

Ouch. That sounds like a glitch, then.

Your load game list doesn't have anything before this? How? That list is 20 save points long, and without progressing in the game it would be really hard to rack up that many autosaves. Were you saving constantly after that point? D:
09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Find
ice031 Offline

yea I checked my list and I guess the game saved everytime I left the room. There is no previous saved checkpoint before this glitch. Sad
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Damn , that sucks ...

i had the same with pc Wolfenstein (2008) where i could not talk to an essential person in a Taverne.

maybe someone has a save for ya and is willing to upload it.

?
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Can you recall anything more specific about how you did this? How did you insert the tube in the head? Did you assemble the tube and needle first and then put the combined item in the head, or did you stick the tube first in the head, then added the needle?

I can't recreate it and I am trying to see if there is something to fix.
09-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Website Find
Togglez Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Sad  RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

(09-16-2010, 09:28 AM)jens Wrote: Can you recall anything more specific about how you did this? How did you insert the tube in the head? Did you assemble the tube and needle first and then put the combined item in the head, or did you stick the tube first in the head, then added the needle?

I can't recreate it and I am trying to see if there is something to fix.

I am having this same issues at the OP. Needle and tube combined and sticking in the head, but I cannot interact with the body. I think it involves zoning into and out of the morgue. It is also possible it is related to exiting the game since i didn't get vaccinated immediately and couldn't figure out what to do so I saved and exited.

Also, I think I assembled the tube and needle first. If that is of any help.
09-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

I have just tried it both ways, assembled in the inventory and assembled in his head. Then I went down the steps and all worked okay.
It worked both times for me.

I'm lucky I guess but I have gone thru twice without a glitch.
Must be in the order of doing things previously.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Really tried all possible versions of it and not been able to recreate, so sorry to say that this will at the moment not be fixed. But it seems to be really rare.
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Website Find