Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the Cistern work?
Gamefan74 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: How does the Cistern work?

After noticing that stuff appears in the background depending on my sanity level, I modded the game to force my sanity level down to 20 (Sanity level: ...) throughout the entire game, just to check out what's different.

The first time I went to the cistern, I turned all the valves, and left, nothing changed except for the lighting. This time around though, with Daniel being on the verge of insanity, the organic stuff and a lurker appeared for me.
09-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

Yep. I had that as well, first time nothing but the next time the red spores were blocking the way out. Also the lurker ripped at my back twice while I was on the walkway in the east corner where the boxes are.
Well it's nice to find that there is some variety to the experience.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Find
tedy Offline

Threads: 2

How can i begin a room from start?
09-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Second time I rushed the whole game, never allowing the sanity goes too low, never encounter any monsters (easy to evade if you already know where it is) never died or save/load up to the moment and I still get that flesh stuff around + Kaernk.

Go figure why is that so.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

I've just finished my second playthrough. I was able to turn one of the valves twice - but not straight away. I too couldn't get past the bridge that was held upwards connected to the chain.

I got all the various effects whenever I turned a valve. So some for the first valve, some for the second valve and then the fleshy stuff and the water lurker for the second valve again a bit later.

Don't quite understand what's going on there. The commentary seems to suggest that we are supposed to turn three separate valves - excluding (I assume) the one which controls the steam.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Find
Blackhand Offline

I've watched a bunch of LPs of that area now and only in one them does the water lurker + red tissue appear. It didn't happen in my playthrough and I can't quite figure out what makes it happen. Maybe falling off the platforming pieces? Taking too long?
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Find
Gamefan74 Offline

(10-01-2010, 03:37 PM)Blackhand Wrote: I've watched a bunch of LPs of that area now and only in one them does the water lurker + red tissue appear. It didn't happen in my playthrough and I can't quite figure out what makes it happen. Maybe falling off the platforming pieces? Taking too long?

I think it has to do with your sanity level. I had a sanity level of 20 or ... and that stuff appeared when I was nearing the exit.
10-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Find
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0

maybe it's just me or a bug in my game but there was no lurker in the cistern (or organic stiff) and if it was well..it was blind because I was in water for 5 minutes splashing and nothing hit me xD I suppose all of the splashing is a big mindfuck (pardon the expression) but it worked well...anyone would get suspicious after encountering the first water horror Tongue
10-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Find
Zhobery Offline

(09-16-2010, 05:47 PM)Jack Wrote: I turned first valve, then second valve. I left area. After some time I came back and turned second valve again. Then organic stuff spawned, and I left the area. Then I continued and I finished whole game without passing the bridge (the note "Bridge must be lowered to proceed" stayed in mementos till the end.)

That's exactly what I did. Still wondering what was the bridge for.
10-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Find