Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illuminated/Neon shadows
Cybolic Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Illuminated/Neon shadows

First off, great game; really fantastic! It's the first game to battle with Silent Hill 2 for the throne of best game for me. Also, I'm seriously considering whether or not one of you is possessed by Lovecraft...

Anyhow, in some areas of the game (the big stone hall somewhere near the first part of the game (Entrance Hall?) and the flooded library) about the bottom half of the screen (places with shadow and a big part around that) have their textures replaced by bright green/blue colours if I have shadows enabled.

I tried to take a screenshot of it but switching to window mode and back seems to have fixed it...odd, but it certainly destroys the mood when it happens so if you have any ideas for how to fix it, I'd be most happy.

I'm running the game on Ubuntu 10.04 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 graphics card and using the Compiz window manager (might be the culprit). Also, it seems to happen after playing for a while (memory corruption?).
09-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Illuminated/Neon shadows

Turn off compiz and make sure you have updated drivers.
09-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Find
Cybolic Offline

Yeah you're probably right that the problem is with Compiz, but shouldn't Compiz "disable" when run Amnesia runs in fullscreen?

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the same issue as http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3918.html
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Find
Cybolic Offline

Ah, got a screenshot now!
09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Find