Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

After playing Amnesia, is Penumbra any good?
-[Badger]- Offline

Threads: 3
RE: After playing Amnesia, is Penumbra any good?

I agree with the other guys. Play it. Penumbra deserves a play through. and if you are reading this and bought all four. play penumbra first.
09-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

"After playing Amnesia, is Penumbra any good?"

YEAAAAAAA !!!!!

XD
09-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Find
Maggie Offline

Threads: 0

Penumbra is still good and worth playing, but Amnesia definitely improves on nearly ever aspect. Environments are less interesting or organic in the Penumbra games, which is my biggest problem with it.
09-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Find
Mr. Grim Offline

Threads: 2

I find all of the Penumbra episodes better than Amnesia personally. Although Requiem keeps crashing my video card... Overture and Black Plague I think are definitely more interesting in my opinion. Amnesia had a very good premise, and had/has potential, but... No offense meant, it just seems like the presentation was very well done, but the story was entirely too predictable. I was an hour or two into the game and I was already thinking "Daniel's probably just as bad as Alexander or worse, the amnesia he suffers from is probably some selfish self-induced state to forget something he can't deal with.." and when the real story slowly came to light I just got more and more bored with it.

And the puzzles just weren't that hard for me in this one.

I had to check walkthroughs 3-4 times in Penumbra. Amnesia I just walked through, mostly in the dark, and the solutions to the puzzles seemed very obvious.

All in all, Amnesia looks great, and it's an excellent game in it's own right. But I'd say by far that Penumbra was much more creative and well-executed. You should definitely enjoy it.

Except for those goddamn dogs... :/

(09-14-2010, 06:57 AM)ShadowXOR Wrote: I'm getting close to the end of Amnesia (not finished yet, no spoilers) and I want more. I went ahead and bought the entire Penumbra trilogy (I beat the Tech Demo four years ago, then again a few days ago).

How does Penumbra stand up? Am I going to be thrilled with it or does it definitely feel worse than Amnesia (since it was first)?
09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Find
Mafer Offline

Threads: 5

My brother got the Penumbra games now, cause we loved Amnesia. And we'r playing PenumbraTonguelack plague now. I like it a lot too Smile

I get carried away, please, warm the blood inside my veins.

09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Website Find