Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Wierd graphical bug.
Xelo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago [Solved] Wierd graphical bug.

Whenever the camera moves, mouse movement or wasd movement, I get a wierd line of graphical distortion about 50 pixels tall that is as wide as my screen. This line moves up to the top of the screen and then after it disappears off the top of the screen it reappears at the bottom and it continually does this while I'm playing.

Graphics card drivers are up to date and changing any and all graphics options doesn't fix it. Not having any problems with any other games.
It isn't even that huge of a graphical distortion but it does remove some of the emersion of the game and ruins it a bit.
My only option left was that it may be a problem with my graphics card. So rather than run out and buy a new one I thought I'd ask here to see if I could get a solution that isn't as expensive.

Tried to get a screenshot of the distortion but it doesn't capture the distortion, might be a clue to the problem?

~Xelo

Edit: Moving to windowed mode fixes the problem, but I'd still rather play in fullscreen mode. Any solution?

Graphics card is nvidia GTX 285
Win7 64bit btw.
09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Wierd graphical bug.

Make sure to turn off Aero. Also try forcing vsynch in the graphics control panel. Might also try turning on triple buffering (but make sure vsynch is turned off in game then).
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Find
Xelo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Wierd graphical bug.

Forcing v-sync solved it.

Thanks for your time.
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Find