Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret object behind painting?
Mephisto Offline

Threads: 4
Secret object behind painting?

Hello,

once I found a painting that could be moved (I think it was in the romm next to the stuy, not sure though), and behind it there was a cavity. An object like a glass with a key (??) in it was there, and when I tried to pick it up, the glass broke and the shards and the object dissolved somehow, they disappeared

Does anyone know what that was? Was it important? Thanks in advance!
09-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Secret object behind painting?

The key is needed to open a door. Are you sure that the key is missing? If so, try to reload your the one before last save.

09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Website Find
Mephisto Offline

Thanks! Well, I've played quite some time since then, and progressed pretty far. Perhaps I picked it up without noticing? Bu I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a key in my inventory.
09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If you managed to get further in the game, then there's no problem Big Grin

09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

If I remember correctly, that key was used for the door which leads into the Machine Room of the elevator. So, if you've passed that door, then there's no need for the key anymore, even if you didn't pick it up. Tongue

09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Website Find
Mephisto Offline

There was a locked machine room though with rotating cog wheels in it; not sure if I ever managed to enter that...
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2

Then you might have progressed into the Storage/Study, yeah? You still need the key to get into the machine room. :|

The key probably went somewhere when you broke the glass (which is what is supposed to happen... I dropped mine on the table and the key was pretty visible). I guess you should just look around for the key around where you dropped the glass. If you can't find it, you'll have to use an earleir save and make your glass-breaking a little more controlled. Big Grin
09-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Find