Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: If you had a choice for FG's next project what would you choose?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Amnesia 3 (WW2, of Modern)
22.22%
4 22.22%
SOMA DLC
11.11%
2 11.11%
Completely new Project
55.56%
10 55.56%
Penumbra? Again I guess... Maybe a remake?
11.11%
2 11.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So...
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: So...

(07-20-2016, 07:59 PM)brus Wrote: I don't know how many devs did they hire in last job proposal, but production will go faster than SOMA.

Total amount should be 15 right now, if I am not mistaken.

07-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I'm pretty sure that total is mentioned in that article posted earlier.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-20-2016, 10:26 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

Sorry if this post might seem like a necro...

Personally, I'd prefer a completely new title. And since Frictional are preliminarily hinting at two different projects in the site's menu, I wouldn't mind if one of them was something different than a new survival horror game.

I think Frictional are still the best in the business when it comes to this particular, and they've earned it fairly through up to a decade of hard effort and genuine innovation. (Something far too many lesser talents have tried to ape, with usually inferior or slapdash efforts, rare exceptions notwithstanding.) SOMA's refined approach to horror and the depth of the narrative proved to me that Frictional don't need to pigeonhole themselves into a purely survival horror box, they can try creating narrative-and-interaction-heavy-but-in-accord games in other genres as well.

Case in point: I would love to see what a proper, old-school stealth game would turn out like in FG's hands. I wouldn't mind if it was a strictly non-violent stealth game, Frictional's existing horror offerings have already proven they know how to make stealth tense yet functional.

Whichever way things go, I'd like to wish FG lots of good ideas and their creative drive not drying up for whatever titles they're currently putting into pre-production. I've never been worried they wouldn't amaze us with each new title they've developed, and by this point, they've reinforced my trust in them with every single outing. I'm confident they'll bring something new to the table again with the projects they're currently working on. Even if they won't, I think they've done enough work for a lifetime breathing new life into the horror genre.

P.S. Good grief... Have I really been on this forum for over 8,5 years now ? I know I don't visit frequently nowadays, but it's a strange feeling being part of this little community for so long. I still remember FG's humble beginnings, before even Black Plague came out for the first time... Smile

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 12:50 AM by Petike.)
09-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

As far as we know, Frictional are working on two new projects, and one of them is not horror based.

I believe it's in one of the latter articles in this thread: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-51350.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-05-2016, 01:55 AM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Tiny bits of new info regarding the upcoming projects in this interview: On Making Landmark Games Remotely With Amnesia’s Frictional Games

Quote:We were curious why neither title had appeared on the Xbox yet, and Thomas explained: “The only reason is that we simply haven’t had the time or the manpower. For all new future releases, the goal is to release on all three platforms on launch day. We will also try and get our older games out on Xbox One. The only obstacle is making sure we have the time and that we probably need some extra content for the games (as this is standard when releasing a game on the platform if it is already out on console).“.
Quote:One major thing I want to try and do is to get away from the “run and hide from monsters” horror gameplay. It feels like it is getting a bit old, and for one of our coming projects, we will diverge quite a lot from it. Exactly what we will do I cannot say at this point.
Quote:This doesn’t mean we will never do VR. It just means I feel we have so many interesting things to explore with what we got that I don’t see any urgent need to adopt new technology. If we do VR the first thing would be to do some smaller experiences. We have a bunch of ideas for this and it is not out of the question we will use it for PR for an upcoming game.
10-31-2016, 09:54 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

(10-31-2016, 09:54 PM)Chrysler Wrote:
Quote:One major thing I want to try and do is to get away from the “run and hide from monsters” horror gameplay. It feels like it is getting a bit old, and for one of our coming projects, we will diverge quite a lot from it. Exactly what we will do I cannot say at this point.

Could we make a wishlist thread and general discussion about game mechanics and system design for the next game having in mind all discussions about gameplay we had for SOMA and Amnesia ?
I think it will be interesting.
10-31-2016, 10:22 PM
Find
FrictionalGamer Offline

Threads: 1

Soma disappointed me in the sense that I wanted to see the monsters get into the vents, camera recordings of people being attacked by W.A.U. before they were killed, Catherine getting into a robot body so people can use multiplayer on Soma, there to be easy/medium/hard levels to choose from, scarier monsters, a W.A.U.-infested shark in the abyss, the insanity level, and Simon be less annoying than he was in the game. Simon > Smon > Smo > Som > Soma. Maybe Simon was the character's name, because it was close to the game name Soma somehow. Other than that, I found Soma to be less horror than Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Amnesia: The Dark Descent disappointed me, because I wanted to see people tortured in those torture rooms, the easy/medium/hard level options, a visible monster in the water that was chasing me in the beginning of the game instead of seeing water be splashy to indicate it is chasing me, etc. I prefer Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Penumbra: Black Plague over the rest of F.G.'s games.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017, 03:35 AM by FrictionalGamer.)
01-16-2017, 03:28 AM
Find