Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Props to Frictional HERE
TopHorrorGamePeriod Offline

Threads: 1
Props to Frictional HERE

I'm not a blogger or a commenter or any of the like, but hot damn this game was awesome lolz. I just have to give props to the people involved in the masterful game Amnesia : The Dark Descent. I too would like to be involved in a game team with a low budget (or so I heard) and come out with such a fantastic specimen.

Along with many different aspects - this game goes to show you that you don't have to have CRAZY graphics to make a masterpiece of a game. Of course, I never really paid that any mind (I was too freaking scared to lolz). This game instills so much fear and excitement the first time you play it - its absolutely wonderful/dreadful LOLZ.

When I saw how small the CD size was I was skeptical... hah... don't let that fool you. On top of the awesome original story there is a way for us the players to make our own stories/worlds. That is going to make this game freaking ownz. Now all we need to do is get these guys to be able to run servers or the like for us. Cool

With all that being said, this is where we the fans should post our love for the game! It's absolutely dark and demented lolz and so freaking nerve racking (in a good way) for all of you who played know, and hopefully someone will search this site/forum and see. This game is one of most (user friendly and) terrifying that I've played. It isn't the longest game, but I've never jumped like I did for this one, I'm pretty sure.

I read from one of the game team that there's a way to vote or something to up your exposure.. how do I do that?
09-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Props to Frictional HERE

You kiddin' me, I think the graphics look lovely actually, they got a lot of modern shaders to start with. Smile And yeah, I hope this game studio really gets the chance to grow, and that they keep shining when it comes to game-play and story line, too many highly detailed super beautiful games with a poor story and/or bad game-play out there.
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Find
marzy Offline

Threads: 2

The game looks lovely on my PC too with everything cranked up and it runs really smooth on my mid-low spec machine.

Great textures, shaders and post process effects <3
09-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

(09-15-2010, 10:39 AM)Hionimi Wrote: You kiddin' me, I think the graphics look lovely actually

This. Maybe I just haven't been playing enough mainstream games lately, but I thought the graphics looked fantastic! Much better than I expected them to be, honestly. The castle walls looked so damn good Cool
09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Find
TopHorrorGamePeriod Offline

This thread wasn't made for people to talk about the graphics. I didn't say the graphics were bad lolz. You missed the point entirely - anyways... this thread is to give ups to the makers.
09-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Find
-[Badger]- Offline

Threads: 3

graphics wise, its no Metro. but it does do very well for the game. and its all in how you use it. the game itself is amazing.
09-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

Bit of a heavy comparison, to name name Metro, that game ate my 8800 GTX for breakfast! Big Grin

And sorry TopHorrorGamePeriod, I read the rest too, it's a good game-play experience indeed. Smile
09-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Find
Zanderat Offline

(09-15-2010, 10:25 AM)TopHorrorGamePeriod Wrote: When I saw how small the CD size was I was skeptical...

You do know that the game is digital download only, right? There is NO CD. Your copy is PURCHASED? Right? Dodgy
09-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Find
imagsol Offline

(09-17-2010, 02:14 AM)Zanderat Wrote:
(09-15-2010, 10:25 AM)TopHorrorGamePeriod Wrote: When I saw how small the CD size was I was skeptical...

You do know that the game is digital download only, right? There is NO CD. Your copy is PURCHASED? Right? Dodgy

lol@zanderat
i was thinking the same thing....the game is a digital download...what cd???
09-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Find
Zanderat Offline

Aaargh!!! There be pirates, matey!

(hopefully I am wrong.)
09-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Find