Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding alive people would be cool!
SmokeSum Offline

Threads: 7
Adding alive people would be cool!

Realy most people think this takes away the scaryness but i think otherwise...

exsample:

You start the game with like 6 survivers (no Weapons) and you noticed there is something wrong and need to contact for help so the survivers split in 2 teams of 3 survivers each.
The further you make progress in the game the more is happening you need to do teamwork to solve puzzles, but when the game goes further some survivers are gone missing but god knows what happend...some survivers get scared and make noises and start screaming eventualy when getting to scared, this will lure the ghost/monster towards you and your group and cause major panic, the group can stick together or can get in panic and everyone start running different directions causing you to be all alone.
The goal in this game would be to stick together and try not to be alone cause the monster will smell your fear and eat you...

This is a small idea for teamwork inside a horror game, most horror movies are made this way and it works fine we don't need to be all alone to be scared, it would be more scary if you work as a team and suddenly your whole team running away in panic and then you lose your feeling of safety. adding no guns ofcourse maybe some melee weapons that can be broke by the monster if he hits it or a shotgun with only 2 bullits that barely kills the creature so you keep sense of fear.

I realy think it would be cool to make some kinda Cynematic horror experience with a good story, the beginning you feel safe but the furher you get the more people gonna die and creating more and more fear..

Anyone up for this idea in a Mod?
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Adding alive people would be cool!

I think that would be cool (either NPC, or other players in some multiplayer mode), but I don't think there should be any weapons. Otherwise I like it

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
09-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

afaik theres no multiplayer or coop code in this game, for this to work someone will need to code this in, and is no easy task.
09-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

No multiplayer.
Most likely because there is no multiplayer code.

But some NPCs... sounds good enough to me.

09-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Website Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

(09-16-2010, 04:16 PM)Scraper Wrote: No multiplayer.
Most likely because there is no multiplayer code.

But some NPCs... sounds good enough to me.

Yeah other players would just detract from the whole aloneness feeling since you'd be able to communicate and such, but I like the NPCs idea, it'd be awesome for some peeps to work on something like that!

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Find