Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
The Darkness /!\WORKING ON NEXT MAP (30%)/!\
Jordo76 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: The Darkness /!\RELEASED/!\

Gosseyn,explain me how to make something different than an hallway and room with Mansion tiles...
Do not say outside like in game,i don't have the skill yet,this is my first map...
And Big rooms : Explained here,it don't fit together (or it look weird)
I can do this with dungeon tile of course (i will do a big room in prison map -> Dungeon tiles)
And if i want the player to search the key to unlock the door meaning to the exit,it's because if he go in a room,search and find the key then he won't go in the another one...
And if i don't lock the exit door it would be very very too easy...
Here was my anwser
09-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: The Darkness /!\RELEASED/!\

(09-23-2010, 10:16 AM)gosseyn Wrote:
(09-23-2010, 12:07 AM)Lee Wrote: I also didn't like it.

It's just that this arbitrary numbers fellow didn't provide enough criticism.
It's just that numbers are more accurate than words, like "i didn't like it", or "it was decent".

(09-19-2010, 02:46 AM)Lee Wrote: The level was very nice and dark, but it got repetitive. You go into a room, find a key, and use it on a door. Repeat. The scares were all shock scares (except for the one monster part) in which lights went out or something, and none of it was all that interesting. I suggest you find someone to write the notes for you, because your English isn't that great (Me, perhaps? I'm very good with grammar.).

Anyway, I'd suggest that for whatever next project you have, you don't tell us what will be in each specific chapter. It spoils things. It's not that bad but we know what to anticipate. I do look forward to your next level, though.
;D

The category of "light" is more specific than that? What's he grading. How well the light influences the atmosphere? How well-lit it is? Is it too dark?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Website Find
swordbreaker Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Darkness /!\Next Map Advancement : 45%/!\

This is the first custom map I have installed. And it's totally awesome! Thanks for the effort!
09-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

RE: The Darkness /!\Next Map Advancement : 60%/!\

Yep, I really enjoyed it and there was at least one point when I jumped out of my skin!

And once again, thanks for zipping it for Mac users. I wish more custom story creators would be willing to do this, but they seem reluctant for some reason. So this level is the only custom story I have.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Find
swordbreaker Offline

RE: The Darkness /!\Next Map Advancement : 70%/!\

May I ask what's the name of the song that plays on credits? I sounds very familiar, but argh can't remember it!
09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Find
Jordo76 Offline

Daniel End Song,cut by MulleDK (You can find her in my music folder in the story or his music folder in his test story)
The chamber approach to final version ! Stay tuned !
Edit : Don't forget to check the to do list to see what state of the map i am ^^
09-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Website Find
swordbreaker Offline

(09-28-2010, 11:35 AM)Jordo76 Wrote: Daniel End Song,cut by MulleDK (You can find her in my music folder in the story or his music folder in his test story)
The chamber approach to final version ! Stay tuned !
Edit : Don't forget to check the to do list to see what state of the map i am ^^

thanks. waiting for the final version Smile
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Find
Jordo76 Offline

Added a Strategy Informer Link : Here !
09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Website Find
dbfuru Offline

Threads: 1

This was a pretty nice module, I think you are getting somewhere with setting a nice, creepy atmosphere. If you need someone to proofread any notes, you could PM me, I'll try to log onto my account every so often, but my e-mail would be better as I check that mostly every day. If you're interested just send me a PM.

Possible SPOILER

I really thought the monster encounter was good, I actually panicked a little when I tried one wardrobe and it wouldn't open, and the other was blocked off, forcing me to hide in a corner. I thought that was really well done.

I didn't notice any static overlapping like I did in other custom stories, which is nice.

Overall, I say good work, this was a fun module, and creating a good atmosphere and levels comes with practice, and I think you're onto a good start, nice module Smile
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(09-28-2010, 09:28 PM)Jordo76 Wrote: Added a Strategy Informer Link : Here !

great work, jordo!Wink
09-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Find