Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Windowed mode wont center - SOLVED!
DeltaVT Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Windowed mode wont center - SOLVED!

Okay so I'm running out of places to look, I figured I'd ask my own question here.

I want to run Penumbra: Requiem on windowed fullscreen mode. I have my desktop resolution at 1600x900 with a hidden taskbar (I've also tried this with unhidden taskbar with no luck). I went into the config file and changed Fullscreen to 'false' and the resolution to '1600x900' and now for the problem.

When the window opens I can't get it centered and it falls down and to the right slightly so see part of the desktop and I can't see a portion of the window. I can see the whole window if I set the game at a lower resolution (still uncentered and shows the desktop) but that's not what I want. I want the atmosphere of the game but be in windowed mode so I'm able to stream on Justin.TV.

I've tried setting the game's launch options to -center_screen and gotten nowhere. I've tried closing everything else and just opening the game, even through a desktop shortcut, hoping it would open up centered without thinking any other windows are in the way. I've tried alt tabbing to another program and tricking the game by dragging the mouse over another window to get it to the top of the Penumbra window without it hijacking the mouse but when I try to move Penumbra it immediately drops to the bottom of the screen and I CAN'T move it up, all I can see at that point is the top of the window border. I can move it left and right but not up.

I've also tried alt tabbing to the desktop, moving the cursor over the Penumbra taskbar icon then, while holding shift, right click and select the 'move' option on the menu that opens up. The game hijacks the cursor but I'm able to move the window with the arrow keys... except, like with the sneaky cursor, the window drops to the bottom of the screen again and I can't move it back up.

I'm getting nowhere and becoming increasingly frustrated. Is there ANY solution to this annoyance?

I'm running Windows 7, Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 4GB of RAM on 64-bit operating system. I also run the game and purchased through Steam.
09-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Find
DeltaVT Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Windowed mode wont center - SOLVED!

I had posted this question up on the Steam Forums and got a reply that fixed the issue in the form of a program which will center any game that's not already designed to play in windowed (fullscreen borderless) mode.

You can find the program and guide here: http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/08/how-to...dowed.html
09-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Find
Andytizer Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Windowed mode wont center - SOLVED!

(09-18-2010, 08:00 PM)DeltaVT Wrote: I had posted this question up on the Steam Forums and got a reply that fixed the issue in the form of a program which will center any game that's not already designed to play in windowed (fullscreen borderless) mode.

You can find the program and guide here: http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/08/how-to...dowed.html

Thats my blog Smile unfortunately Steam forums banned me after that claiming that I was spamming an advertisement!
09-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Find