Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters origin?
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Monsters origin?

(02-14-2012, 06:05 PM)Clord Wrote: This discussion is rather silly as it seems that many has lacking knowledge of the Amnesia The Dark Descent and still take part to it.

"Remember - Short Story Collection.pdf" explains a lot.

It explains that Gatherers kidnap animals and sometimes even humans. Referred as monsters. Amusingly Daniel managed to miss that even though he rented INN room before continuing to the castle. Also they are very resistant against bullets and even when being set on fire. definitely not an imaginary monsters in the Amnesia universe.
the gatherer's kept a low profile, and daniel likely just dismissed them as local folktales and nothing to be taken seriously

What's silly is your ridiculing others for having questions about things that aren't always as clear to others as they are to some of us

Quote: t into the Wine. Though the first monsters where created before
the Event/Flashback with Wilhelm in the Wine cellar i still think that
in the end it was the Wine. (Wilhelm even says his Chest is going to
burst). It would have been an easy solution for Alexander anyways to
deal with the situation this way - make everyone his servants.

That "amusing" Fact that Daniel did miss the kidnappings is not
surprising to me - i mean he was a very short time in Altstadt and the
Inn.

Do you people even read? Several people have already explained exactly where the monster's come from, several times over

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012, 01:39 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
02-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Website Find
tgeatz Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Monsters origin?

(09-16-2010, 09:28 PM)Maggie Wrote: I was under the impression that they were creatures Alexander made to go out and kidnap people for him.

One of my favorite things about the game, though, is that it leaves a lot of things sort of a mystery. It doesn't feel the need to explain everything away or risk taking away any of the fear. What they did to help give you an idea of the nature of your enemies (which they also used to great effect in Penumbra) is fantastic: finding notes or books relating to folklore, rumors or local legends. That's a fantastic touch and I love how it skirts the line of coming right out and telling you what's going on. The fact that you have this level of connection to the world by hearing about other peoples' experiences or perceptions of the creatures just draws you in even further.

I wish more horror games/stories would use this, because it's a good trick. The only other example I can think of off the top of my head is from a movie called Fire in the Sky. It's about an alien abduction that occurs in the woods, and at one point, a TV reporter mentions that this particular area has a reputation among the Native Americans who claim it's a bad place where demons come from the sky and kidnap children.

It's one small throwaway line, but it gives the story a depth that it wouldn't have otherwise.
I agree,after he gets his vitae he always has body's left over for servants.

05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Find