Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penumbra-like intro
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13
Penumbra-like intro

Is it possible to create an intro to your custom level, like the ones in the Penumbra games, i.e. still images with text?

It would be useful if you want to create a specific story that requires some exposition.
09-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Penumbra-like intro

Yes use this link http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/amnesia:custom_story

Quote:All custom messages, diaries and notes that your custom story needs in a 'extra_english.lang' in the story root. If translations want to be made, these are to be created as 'extra_' + name_of_the_supported_language + '.lang', with name_of_the_supported_language being one of the ones that you can choose in the game options menu. Optionally, this can contain an entry “Description” in the “CustomStoryMain” category, and any brief description on the custom story can be written here. It will be displayed in the Custom Story Launcher. Just to display an example:

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
    <Entry Name="Description">Just a brief description!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
09-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

I already know about the description. That wasn't my question.
09-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

If you want something more elaborated them you will have to code it and on that i can't help you as i'm no coder, if you find the code for that them post it here so everybody knows how to do it also i will do the same.
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

It is possibly if u are really sneaky Wink

What u can do is to simply have a plane right in front of the player with the images that you want shown, disable the player (SetPlayerActive(..) and then use the camera FOV mul and offset to move the camera around the images.
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Find
RuslanM Offline

Threads: 1

(09-16-2010, 10:14 PM)Thomas Wrote: It is possibly if u are really sneaky Wink

What u can do is to simply have a plane right in front of the player with the images that you want shown, disable the player (SetPlayerActive(..) and then use the camera FOV mul and offset to move the camera around the images.

That's interesting. It seems like dialog can be coded in a similar fashion, using plains with possible answers textured on them.
09-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Ah, I was thinking I'd have to do something like that. Thanks Thomas.
09-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Find