Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Only FG clients deserve Tech support?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Let pirates rest in Davy Jones' Locker! Warez groups should provide support for them.
79.17%
19 79.17%
Yer a scurvy bilge rat, ya pompous gasbag, my mates deserve this free booty, help me t' get it started.
20.83%
5 20.83%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sugestion regarding piracy
Zanderat Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Sugestion regarding piracy

(09-18-2010, 10:56 AM)iTIMMEH Wrote:
(09-18-2010, 04:45 AM)Zanderat Wrote: In the the other pirate thread you rationalize theft as well. How many games have you stolen?

Grow up.
Hmm. I think that I am the adult in these conversations. I pay for my goods. If I can't afford something, I wait until I can buy it.

Now, please answer the question. Tongue
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Find
Oblidor Offline

Threads: 2

(09-18-2010, 10:57 AM)Jinix Wrote: Pirating my be the only way to play for Kids with no credit cards or students who are broke.

There is no human right saying you are entitled to steal games just because you don't have money. Angry
09-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Find
popsUlfr Offline

Threads: 0

(09-18-2010, 05:48 PM)Oblidor Wrote: There is no human right saying you are entitled to steal games just because you don't have money. Angry

I can condone theft if it's necessary to one's survival/preserving the dears... but there are NO excuses for getting entertainment value you're supposed to pay for at no cost. It's simple: it's too expensive you can't get it and it may also help transmitting the message to those businesses as to consider a review of their pricing policy or limit the garbage that gets spewed out every year (one may always dream).
Something's seriously wrong if someone feels anything else than ashamed for downloading stuff.

This may come off as slightly hypocritical but I can speak out of experience, I'm not entirely blank either. I gave in to some music, misc stuff here and there (never games out of sheer principle) but I felt ashamed by doing so because nothing could rationalize/excuse those deeds.
I've seriously cut down on those actions today, I'm a person of principles after all.

Concerning the topic at hand: integrating something like this is just completely useless and missing the point in my opinion. We need to be "passive ignorants" about the problem, hitting on it anymore will only alienate even more people (DRM!). We should not give it that much attention which it "clearly" doesn't deserve.

Keep the "innocence" at home get the amnesia potion and provide those cute puppy eyes as solid argument for those lost souls who may be on the verge of taking a decision they would not have considered before! (well, I hope at least some of you will get what I mean with that. Wink)

EDIT: just to add a little last thing to the piracy rant: humility. Its meaning has been lost on many of us nowadays unfortunately (fanboyism, a**kissing, etc... are no OK synonyms) and spares us a life of being an a**hole. Sorry for my fine language.
09-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Find
Licaon_Kter Offline

Threads: 4

(09-18-2010, 10:57 AM)Jinix Wrote: If one really wants a $20 game it cannot be that hard to find the dough or if you are a kid at home you could do a few chores for it. Just don't tell Mom what the game is about.
Actually maybe Mom would be happy to know the kid learned that working for the stuff that he wants it's the right way (the mature way) to do things. Idea
09-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Find
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1

Bioware does it. You can't post on the bioware tech forums for that specific game unless you input your key on the site.

Paradox Interactive does it. You can't post anywhere in the game's forum unless you put your key in on the site.

(09-16-2010, 09:27 PM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: So if someone buys on Steam or elsewhere, they're chopped liver? Huh

Ask on the steam forums.
09-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Find