Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Images that do the games graphics justice.
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Images that do the games graphics justice.

i GUEss Deu sex is right ...

lol , you got me fooled for a minute imagsol Smile

it"S easy to edit the wrong file in your defence ...

the file that must be edit is (in my case) in :

USERNAME-DOCUMENTS-AMNESIA-MAIN-main_settings

?
09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Website Find
imagsol Offline

Threads: 1

@phoenix i edited the right file for sure as the file had the parallax setting set to 0 already.

@due sex.....lol are u a fan of dues ex or something?? have u checked out the trailer of the new dues ex coming out?? best trailer in recent memory for me.

I have gtx460 and i think the game doesnt have any issues with nvidia cards as im using one and the parallex is working fine for me...maybe theres something else at ur side thats causing the problem....what are ur game settings?
umm i just realized i edited the wrong file that was in the games directory not in the my documents folder...i have the parallaxquality set to 1 and not im getting a frame rate of around 30 fps....will be uploading the pics soon!!

hahaha embarrassed!
b4 i edited the parallax setting and now in the documents setting i have changed the parallax quality to 1, using a resolution of 1920x1080 and the game has a framerate of 30 fps but when i rum the game at times stops for a second which sucks.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2010, 08:10 PM by imagsol.)
09-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

Yea im a fan of deus ex 1 ^^ best game ever for me ^^

IW was soso...

I have a real hope for HR, but... wait and see ^^

So... you have really parralax enabled... with 30 fps ?
GOD ^^ XD

show us... A MAXIMUM OF PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICS ^^

lol

for me, best game ever : deus ex 1.
2nd : stalker SOC with complete 2009/2012 mod.
3rd : half life.

I think FG will really evolve... they just need money... to take a place on my top games ^^
09-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

deus ex 1 , eh ?

I still have the souped up (with enhanced mods) game of the year edition somewhere on my external hard-disc ...

I might give it a try soon.

* lol ...ssso many games , ssso little time *

on-topic:

hey finally you got it right , eh imagsol ?

bring on the pics then Smile

?
09-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Website Find
imagsol Offline

to be honest i played dues ex at a time when it was quite old..and the graphics really didn't do it for me...because by the time i played it...it was too outdated, but i know its a classic ...the best of its time no doubt about it.
i loved system shock back then. And half life is one of my fav games of all time...ive played the game numerous times, loved fighting it out with the human soldiers...the ai of the soldiers was top notch. I didnt like half life 2....it didn't hold my interest for long...i have the game with me for 2 years and i still haven't finished it. I also don't like the episodes.

Im running amnesia with the parallax on now...and i get frames from 30 to 60 and the frame rate varies in between that but when i make quick movements such as running or turning the face quickly...the game stops for a second and its very annoying....the game also hangs quite frequently...and in the pics check out that no doubt the floor looks better....the effect makes the walls look uglier.

http://img716.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=par1t.jpg
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Yeah , maybe the wall looks uglier but also more real imo.

I"m running it also on my laptop with (don"T laugh) slide-show fps , but the effect is also evident on the pigs near the acid barrel in the kitchen.

thanx for the pics btw.

Damn , i sure wish that the lantern could cast real-time dynamic shadows like in that other game Dark Lineage 2 (Darkness Within) :

look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjFrAfBA_Vc
09-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Website Find
imagsol Offline

(09-17-2010, 10:02 PM)CHANCEPHOENIX Wrote: Yeah , maybe the wall looks uglier but also more real imo.

I"m running it also on my laptop with (don"T laugh) slide-show fps , but the effect is also evident on the pigs near the acid barrel in the kitchen.

thanx for the pics btw.

Damn , i sure wish that the lantern could cast real-time dynamic shadows like in that other game Dark Lineage 2 (Darkness Within) :

look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjFrAfBA_Vc

i say the walls look uglier because the textures are so sharp that i can tell when a new texture starts....i can see the line that separates the textures..that's not everywhere but on the walls i can see it at places.

ill look for that effect on the pigs too....actually i still havnt finished the game and im at the climax of the game..and im not going to play the game with the parallax on because the framerate varies even though its between 30 and 60 but its uneven and the game crashes randomly....i could post pics of really interesting places too..but i chose not to so i dont spoil anything for any1 here.

and yeah i dig the real time shadows in that game...i have heard about that game...its not that good compared to amnesia..a lot of pixel hunting..and no enemies and its unpolished with a lot of bugs..but then i cant pass judgment unless i play it.
09-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Find
Vagrant Offline

Threads: 3

Here's an Orb.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/Bl...iaOrb1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/Bl...iaOrb2.jpg
09-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Find
imagsol Offline

nice pics...those with parallax on?? that kinda ruined something for me..right now im looking for the parts of the orb Tongue
09-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Find
Vagrant Offline

Threads: 3

Yes, Parallax was on.

CLOSE YOUR TAB! The orb will cast its shadow at you.
09-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Find