Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia horribly slow on linux, but ok on windows
adam Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia horribly slow on linux, but ok on windows

Hello there,

I downloaded both linux and windows versions of Amnesia. On linux, the game is unplayable even on medium settings*, but on windows (on the same machine), the game runs smoothly even on hight quality settings. What can be the cause? Could it be something wrong with my linux drivers (I think I have the latest ones), or is it something with the game itself?

* Actually, on linux, the game behaves quite randomly. Sometimes it's smooth, but when I enter new location, or open the inventory or the journal or the menu, the game starts to be horribly slow, having framerate like 1 in 5 seconds. When I restart, it's sometimes ok even in the location where it was unplayable before.

My machine:
CPU: Intel core 2 duo 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1GB
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M with 128MB memory

These are maybe not the ideal parameters to run this game, but again, on windows it runs perfectly fine.
10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia horribly slow on linux, but ok on windows

Probably a driver issue then, see if there are newer drivers available from NVIDIA. Also, test and see if it helps to turn off compiz or any other composite technology that might be active.
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Website Find
adam Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia horribly slow on linux, but ok on windows

Hi jens,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, it was the composition Confused I had a launcher script that was supposed to disable the composition and then run amnesia, but turned out I had a bug in it Smile

Anyway, launcher script fixed - problem solved. Thanks!
10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Find