Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix

AmesGames:
It seems to me like you did not use the patch at the start of this post.
09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Find
internetlovemachine Offline

Threads: 0

Can we get this fix anytime soon or will I have to wait another week to play a game I already pre-ordered?!

edit: guy below me bickers pointlessly.
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Find
AmesGames Offline

Correct Thomas, I had not applied the demo patch, as I was playing the full game. I simply figured since you were considering running the full game using an (apparently uncooperative) ATI X850, I'd let you know my own personal experience using the exact same card on the original unpatched game.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a full game ATI X patch as many others are, but I wish others would be a little more respectful about the situation. I for one understand that developing for the wildly varied (hardware wise) PC platform in comparison to a standardized console platform, is immensely complex and challenging. Not to mention intensely aggravating when those who should have tried the demo before buying the game (for compatibility purposes if naught else), come forth in a rude and derogatory manner because their own personal PC configuration didn't run Amnesia perfectly from the initial release. That is no reason to be insulting and ridiculously demanding towards one of the last truly innovative independent PC developers. Anyone who's been a PC gamer for any amount of time knows that is just how these things go, and if you are LUCKY the developer will bother to address the issue in a patch. Well, it appears we are LUCKY in this case, so let's collectively be respectful about the situation.

So please Thomas, take your time with the patch, and thank you for bothering to work on it in the first place.
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Find
kenoxite Offline

Threads: 2

(09-22-2010, 01:24 PM)AmesGames Wrote: Anyone who's been a PC gamer for any amount of time knows that is just how these things go, and if you are LUCKY the developer will bother to address the issue in a patch. Well, it appears we are LUCKY in this case, so let's collectively be respectful about the situation.

Was that patronizing fanboyism needed?
That just looks like troll feeding to me.

They tried to fix the ATI issue. Some cards won't be able to benefit from that fix. Those users will be disappointed. Some will be upset. Oh, surprise.

Anyway, it's been pretty civilized around here so far. There hasn't been anything particularly "insulting and ridiculously demanding" beyond what's to be expected from this kind of issue, and comments like yours just add insult to injury to those of us who have to resign to not be able to play Amnesia for the time being.
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Find
AmesGames Offline

Perhaps you should look at comments in this thread such as those left by the member "PissedOffUser" for evidence of disrespect. And even the decidedly impatient one left by "internetlovemachine" above for example. Really, the fact that you consider this graphics card situation an "injury", and my own comments an "insult", speaks volumes alone.

Whatever, let's wait for the patch and not bicker pointlessly.
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Find
kenoxite Offline

Threads: 2

(09-22-2010, 02:22 PM)AmesGames Wrote: Really, the fact that you consider this graphics card situation an "injury", and my own comments an "insult", speaks volumes alone.

Have you ever heard about "figure of speech"?

Anyway, just let the Frictional guys manage all this as they see accordingly. They surely know how to handle those "disrepectful" and "decidely impatients" on their own.
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you are all quite now, just for a little bit, I might be able to concentrate and finish the final patch testing and then upload it Smile
09-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Website Find
Moondog Offline

Threads: 1

(09-22-2010, 03:42 PM)jens Wrote: If you are all quite now, just for a little bit, I might be able to concentrate and finish the final patch testing and then upload it Smile

The patch works beautifully. I've gotten past the intro, not had to deal with the weird doubling (or tripling) of some displays, and can now play the game all the way through (probably).

Thank you. =)
09-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Find
FreonTrip Offline

Threads: 1

So, now that it works: how's performance on x1900 cards? A friend of mine has an XTX and is curious about the game.
09-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Find
Punkduck Offline

Thanks for the fix but seriously, did you have to make it only accessible if you register for the forums? Not to mention this is the demo on steam. Surely you could incorporate this fix in your demo download?
Ah, first post literally modified just after my account got activated...
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2010, 06:38 PM by Punkduck.)
09-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Find