Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to Load Config File
Karkarov Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Failed to Load Config File

This morning I was playing amnesia and suffered a pc crash. When I restarted my pc (windows 7 64 bit) it wanted to run the widows repair tool. I let it go ahead. After it ran everything seemed fine. When I tried to play amnesia again the launcher did literally nothing. It would act like it was going to load then just stop and that's it. I tried running the exe directly, and it says "Failed to Load config file" immediately then closes.

The game was running fine until today. I am even in the process of doing a series of video's on the game so you can see on youtube plain as day this is not a graphics problem or a driver issue. I tried uninstalling the game, restarting, and reinstalling. No change. I tried running the apps as admin, no change. I re downloaded the installer from direct to drive, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled again from new download. No change.

Any advice on what I can do to fix this?
09-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Failed to Load Config File

Try launching Amnesia.exe directly from the install directory.
09-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Find
Karkarov Offline

(09-17-2010, 10:23 PM)Thomas Wrote: Try launching Amnesia.exe directly from the install directory.

I tried that but it was no go. I did get the issue fixed though. In the end I got desperate and did a full system restore to my last windows update and that fixed it.
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Find
lastspirit Offline

Threads: 0

(09-17-2010, 07:40 PM)Karkarov Wrote: This morning I was playing amnesia and suffered a pc crash. When I restarted my pc (windows 7 64 bit) it wanted to run the widows repair tool. I let it go ahead. After it ran everything seemed fine. When I tried to play amnesia again the launcher did literally nothing. It would act like it was going to load then just stop and that's it. I tried running the exe directly, and it says "Failed to Load config file" immediately then closes.

The game was running fine until today. I am even in the process of doing a series of video's on the game so you can see on youtube plain as day this is not a graphics problem or a driver issue. I tried uninstalling the game, restarting, and reinstalling. No change. I tried running the apps as admin, no change. I re downloaded the installer from direct to drive, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled again from new download. No change.

Any advice on what I can do to fix this?
i had the same problem today but my PC didnt crash it was just like you i clicked on the amnesia desktop icon and usually my PC always asked to put my config. settings before playing and i put it but later on it wouldn even appear those config. settings it just clicked and nothing.
07-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Find
Karkarov Offline

(07-17-2012, 12:06 AM)lastspirit Wrote: i had the same problem today but my PC didnt crash it was just like you i clicked on the amnesia desktop icon and usually my PC always asked to put my config. settings before playing and i put it but later on it wouldn even appear those config. settings it just clicked and nothing.
Well if my memory serves correctly.... I recall I had to do a full on system restore to an earlier point and it resolved the issue. Still don't know what caused it in the first place.
07-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Find