Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Timeline question
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23
Question  Timeline question

The devolpers prob can't answer this because it would spoil the game..
But in these 2 pictures, there's some old laterns.
While I realise that laterns can run awhile on fuel, you need to trim the whick every once in awhile.   Does this possibly hint that people were alive shortly in front of you?

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
11-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Website Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

RE: Timeline question

gamgam2 Wrote:The devolpers prob can't answer this because it would spoil the game..
But in these 2 pictures, there's some old laterns.
While I realise that laterns can run awhile on fuel, you need to trim the whick every once in awhile.   Does this possibly hint that people were alive shortly in front of you?
Ooh, that might be kind of neat to walk into a dark, creepy room and have to find and light some lanterns. Smile Once they're lit I think they should stay lit, though. It would be irritating to have them go out all the time... unless they only very, very gradually get dimmer as the wick burns down. If nothing else it would at least give us a greater appreciation for those areas with electric lighting. Wink
11-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Rowedekhelicon Wrote:Ooh, that might be kind of neat to walk into a dark, creepy room and have to find and light some lanterns. Smile Once they're lit I think they should stay lit, though. It would be irritating to have them go out all the time... unless they only very, very gradually get dimmer as the wick burns down. If nothing else it would at least give us a greater appreciation for those areas with electric lighting. Wink

We are trying to create a very interactive environment and it will be possible to do things like this Wink
11-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Find
timonator Offline

Threads: 3

is the typewriter a gamesave station? Smile
11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

timonator Wrote:is the typewriter a gamesave station? Smile

Only if you have an ink ribbon Wink

nah just kiddin.
11-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

I won't make a new thread for this(And thanks for answering the question)
ahh damn, forgot...oh well, I'll remember it and edit this.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Website Find
Unregistered

Will you also be able to set burnable things on fire (can't be that much burnable things considering that its Greenland)? I see my pyromaniac dreams come true.
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Zixinus Wrote:Will you also be able to set burnable things on fire (can't be that much burnable things considering that its Greenland)? I see my pyromaniac dreams come true.

There will be occassions when you set other things than lanterns on fire, but you will not be able to burn the place to the ground Smile
11-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

darnSad
Sad

11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Website Find