Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Did you satisfied with end of game?
onur Offline

Threads: 1
Did you satisfied with end of game?

I just complete the demo and I am going to buy it asap (I don't have too much time right now).

I am not a horror fan but there is only one kind of horror which I terrified: "fear of the unknown". Original The Haunting (1963) is my favorite horror movie and I liked The Blair Witch Project. Everything is all about audience's imagination in this movies and I saw that in Amnesia too. That's why I loved it.

Anyway I just read a good review about Amnesia [1]. The review is saying: "Even the multiple endings (which depend on your actions during the finale) fail to provide satisfying closure to the story." Do you agree with this? Did you satisfied with end of game? I would like to hear your opinions.

And thanks to all FG team for this great experience.
09-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Find
dako500 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Did you satisfied with end of game?

oh man, learn some english, seriously...
09-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Find
onur Offline

yeah sorry about english, you got the point, right?
09-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Find
dako500 Offline

Threads: 0

yeah, sorry about that, nevertheless, i think that ending was a bit disappointing because we don't really get to know what was going on in the game. There were so many unanswered questions. I liked the normal ending (where Daniel escapes from the castle) most interesting but still this was not what i was expecting. I would like developers to tell the whole story from the beginning to the end without any uncertainties. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game but there are so many things that are left unanswered...
09-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Your English is not so bad, dako is just being rude.

The endings are short and pretty underwhelming. As for some things being left unexplained or vague, I don't think that's a big problem. Mystery/horror sometimes leave unexplained things for your imagination, like H.P. Lovecraft often did. If anything, it makes for interesting discussions in the forum.

You know what they say - it's the journey that's important, not the destination. The journey definitely delivers! Wink
09-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Find
dvow Offline

The entire process in making the story was haphazard, with the writer not having the flexibility to edit and perfect parts of the story due to the game already being made when he started writing, and this shows. The writer tried his best, but without having the ability to properly edit and perfect the story, the story is flawed and uneven. The ending disappointed me greatly. I'm an avid reader, and the story became very sloppy in the latter half of the game. The ending was simply unsatisfactory.

The game was still terrifying though, and that is why I like it. This made up for the poorly constructed plot.
09-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Find