Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Screen Crash everytime
Nixon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Blue Screen Crash everytime

Hi. First: congratulations for this game. I love it Heart Big Grin

Well, my problem is that the game crashes sometimes and I can't play normally. I read the troubleshooting guide, uninstalled and installed the last drivers for the graphic card, created rules for the antivirus and firewall, uninstalled and installed the game again (steam version), revised the cache archives... but nothing works. It's play and in a few minutes (or seconds), a blue screen appears and the SO restarts automatically.

My comp:

-Quad Core 9300.
- 2 G. Ram Gskill.
- GTX 260.
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
- Sound Card: Realtek integrated in motherboard.

What's the problem? I will try to delete all the registry keys and uninstall the game to clean all archives of the game. Can be temp problem?

Oh, I remember: I played the demo, and some pal said me to delete the MaiDemo folder to prevent this crashes. Obviously, does'nt work.

Any help?
09-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Find
Licaon_Kter Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Blue Screen Crash everytime

(09-18-2010, 11:06 AM)Nixon Wrote: It's play and in a few minutes (or seconds), a blue screen appears and the SO restarts automatically.
can you read what it written on the blue screen?
09-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

A blue screen should indicate that something is seriously wrong, I am guessing it is a heat issue, perhaps check so that your computers CPU and GPU has working fans and heatsinks with no dust.
09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Website Find
Lasse. Offline

Threads: 0

Yep, I also think it's a heat problem. Could you download and run the benchmark software 3DMark for example and see if computer crashes there also? It could also be faulty RAM though. These problems are sometimes very odd to solve.
09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Find
Nixon Offline

Threads: 1

I use 3dMark sometimes, play other games, but only with this game I have this problem. Don't know why the temps with this game are so high.

The RAM, the HD, the heatsinks and the fans are all ok. Sad
09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Find