Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input with QJoyPad
node357 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Input with QJoyPad

First, thank you for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's everything I hoped it would be. Just amazing.

Due to arthritis in my hands, I like to play games with my PS3 controller whenever possible. A lot of the time I use QJoyPad to map the joystick axis to mouse movement. It generally works, though I have to disable DGA to stop a fast spinning effect in some games. Unforunately, even with SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0, and disabling DGA in xorg.conf, I still get this insanely fast spinning effect when I try to look anywhere using my joystick. Any ideas how I can stop this? Even on the lowest sensitivity the look speed is way too fast to play. Thanks!
09-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Input with QJoyPad

In game we are using relative mouse movements.. But in the gui we are using absolute mouse position.

You'll have to inquire with the developer of QJoyPad about how to get QJoyPad program to send cleaner relative mouse movements to SDL applications.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Website Find
node357 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Input with QJoyPad

(09-20-2010, 07:01 PM)Urkle Wrote: In game we are using relative mouse movements.. But in the gui we are using absolute mouse position.

You'll have to inquire with the developer of QJoyPad about how to get QJoyPad program to send cleaner relative mouse movements to SDL applications.
Sorry for taking so long to respond... it turns out using the launchers in the GNOME menu didn't load the environment variables I wanted. Launching Amnesia from a terminal worked! It is so strange turning cranks and yanking open doors with the little joystick, but it feels much more natural than I expected. Thanks!

PS: I'll email the developer of QJoyPad, but it takes a long time for him to reply.
10-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Find