Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Editor
Dantess Offline

Threads: 2
Material Editor

Hi all!!!
And a great thank you for Amnesia and the toolset.

I have a question. Maybe the problem isnt one but i ask.

I make some material with the editor, and when i reopen it or use it in the level editor, the mat file is empty, like nothing where saved.

And another one, still with the material editor, sometimes, when i try to open a folder in order to choose an image file, the editor doesnt work, it simply shutdown, trying to send an error file to frictional.
Is it normal? (for the bug, not for the error file)

Thank you all!!!
09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Find
gosseyn Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Material Editor

i have problems with the material editor too : if i take a stock mat, make changes to it and save it under another name, the original stock mat is altered too, i don't understand what is going on, like if they were linked.
09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Find
Alienchild Offline

Threads: 8

Let me add;
I created a new material with a diffuse, normal and specular. Saved it and put all the files inside a new folder under the static_objects folder. In the LevelEditor the material shows up with its diffuse in the browser, but once applied to a surface (or rather; I changed an already existing surface to this material) the material seems to be 100% alpha and the background (what you see through the layer) appears white. In-game it works like normal though.
09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Find
Neurological Offline

Threads: 11

Same problem here. I've to apply the material each time I start the editor.

Neurological - Music Entertainment
http://www.neuro-lab.net
09-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Find