Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tutorials
Alienchild Offline

Threads: 8
Rainbow  New tutorials

Hi

I've started making this awesome fabulous fantastic super-website with a ton of tutorials on HPL2. Currently I have 1!

In all seriousness, the website is just temporary. If this HPL2 modding is fun enough I'll create something proper. Right now the website is just for fun. As you can see the tutorial is rather short and to the point. If you have any tips/comments then I would be happy to add it.

Oh right, here's the link: --> this is a link <-- that was the link
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Find
Alienchild Offline

RE: Tutorial - 3dsmax 2010 to HPL2 (modelviewer)

added a new tut with some info on setting up a custom story, as well as example files to download to make the job easier
09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: New tutorials

http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/

[Image: 16455.png]
09-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

(09-21-2010, 11:01 AM)Alienchild Wrote: Hi

I've started making this awesome fabulous fantastic super-website with a ton of tutorials on HPL2. Currently I have 1!

In all seriousness, the website is just temporary. If this HPL2 modding is fun enough I'll create something proper. Right now the website is just for fun. As you can see the tutorial is rather short and to the point. If you have any tips/comments then I would be happy to add it.

Oh right, here's the link: --> this is a link <-- that was the link
Excellent Job! As you make the tutorial you are learning yourself. That's how I get going too by showing others how to start. You can see my attempts of making a GECK tutorial here: http://www.rivetcity.com . I haven't given up but got into more stuff.
I'm the kinda person that starts to do wonderful things but never finishes anything.

Looks like you'll be developing more webskills too as you go along.
Don't let any negative feedback stop you either.
I'm looking forward to more of this.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Find
Alienchild Offline

(09-21-2010, 01:22 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: http://hpl2.frictionalgames.com/

I personally can't stand Wikis for stuff like tutorials. Sure wikis like Wikipedia is awesome for looking up stuff like Bell's Inequality Theorem although I personally find Quantum Entanglement to be more in the realms of Meta-Physics, but when I want to learn something I want it to be more like a book; chapters and sections arranged neatly with an index. Oh and wikis have too much clutter and you can't have awesome stuff like spinning flaming skulls.

(09-21-2010, 01:40 PM)Jinix Wrote: Excellent Job! As you make the tutorial you are learning yourself. That's how I get going too by showing others how to start. You can see my attempts of making a GECK tutorial here: http://www.rivetcity.com . I haven't given up but got into more stuff.
I'm the kinda person that starts to do wonderful things but never finishes anything.

Looks like you'll be developing more webskills too as you go along.
Don't let any negative feedback stop you either.
I'm looking forward to more of this.

Thank you very much! I like your website, and I guess it's something along those lines I will create (hopefully). As for the gfx layout, this is more for fun at the moment so I didn't want to create anything that took longer then 3 minutes. I'll fix it up after I have content to fill it with.
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Find
Alienchild Offline

Added the first tutorial about creating new materials. Also fixed a link in the second tutorial.
09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-21-2010, 02:35 PM)Alienchild Wrote: I personally can't stand Wikis for stuff like tutorials. Sure wikis like Wikipedia is awesome for looking up stuff like Bell's Inequality Theorem although I personally find Quantum Entanglement to be more in the realms of Meta-Physics, but when I want to learn something I want it to be more like a book; chapters and sections arranged neatly with an index. Oh and wikis have too much clutter and you can't have awesome stuff like spinning flaming skulls.

Eh. You can do all the stuff you just mentioned.

09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Find
Alienchild Offline

Yeah I probably could, but I won't. I like to work on my own website, with my own indexing. I'll be adding lots of non-HPL2 stuff as well I reckon so that wouldn't fit on that wiki. If anyone want to add whatever I make to the wiki then that is fine, but currently none of the tutorials are written in a proper manner, and are more like notes then anything else.
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-22-2010, 10:55 AM)Alienchild Wrote: and are more like notes then anything else.

Fine. Whatever.

PS: http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/dif...nthen.html

09-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The idea behind the wiki is to work together, like some have already begun to do, so the base that we added is constantly improved and added to. It helps the community and is of benefit for everyone.
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Website Find