Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A collection of questions
Alienchild Offline

Threads: 8
A collection of questions

Here is a list of stuff I'd really like to know. If anyone have some time and a few answers it would be much appreciated;

1) In 3d Studio Max (2010) units, how tall is the character (camera) approx?

2) I needed to rotate a wall I created in 3ds. How does the XYZ coords translate from 3ds to ModelEditor? Shouldn't they be the same?

2) What is the conversion rate of 3d Studio Max units and LevelEditor units? The wall was 4x0,2x2 (width/breadth/height) and nowhere did it fit within the units of the LevelEditor.

4) Once the wall was converted to an .ent and I played around with it in the Level Editor the pivot was off. Is it possible to adjust pivot placement?

5) I made a C# app that would (among other things) start the misc. exe files in the amnesia folder (using Process.Start("path")Wink. When I tried launching the LevelEditor I got some weird errors about not finding lots of folders. It might not exactly be a question for you devs but would you have any idea why?
09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: A collection of questions

(09-21-2010, 08:46 PM)Alienchild Wrote: 1) In 3d Studio Max (2010) units, how tall is the character (camera) approx?
Hard to tell. You'll need to know the units used by HPL2, then set 3ds Max to use the same.

(09-21-2010, 08:46 PM)Alienchild Wrote: 2) I needed to rotate a wall I created in 3ds. How does the XYZ coords translate from 3ds to ModelEditor? Shouldn't they be the same?
HPL2 uses Maya coordinates (Y up). 3ds max has Z up.

(09-21-2010, 08:46 PM)Alienchild Wrote: 3) What is the conversion rate of 3d Studio Max units and LevelEditor units? The wall was 4x0,2x2 (width/breadth/height) and nowhere did it fit within the units of the LevelEditor.
See first answer I guess.

(09-21-2010, 08:46 PM)Alienchild Wrote: 5) I made a C# app that would (among other things) start the misc. exe files in the amnesia folder (using Process.Start("path")Wink. When I tried launching the LevelEditor I got some weird errors about not finding lots of folders. It might not exactly be a question for you devs but would you have any idea why?
Define the working directory.
string path = @"C:\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\LevelEditor.exe";
System.Diagnostics.Process p = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
p.StartInfo.FileName = path;
p.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(path);
p.Start();

If your C# app is in the same directory as the game/editor, you can use:
string path = System.IO.Path.Combine(Application.StartupPath, "LevelEditor.exe");
System.Diagnostics.Process p = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
p.StartInfo.FileName = path;
p.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = Application.StartupPath;
p.Start();

[Image: 16455.png]
09-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Find
Alienchild Offline

Threads: 8

Thanks alot Mulle, I'll give the C# stuff a shot once I get home from work Smile
09-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-22-2010, 10:56 AM)Alienchild Wrote: Thanks alot Mulle, I'll give the C# stuff a shot once I get home from work Smile

No problem Wink

[Image: 16455.png]
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Find