Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My follow-up interview with FG (post Amnesia)
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
My follow-up interview with FG (post Amnesia)

Hey guys, a little while back I did an interview with the team here at Frictional prior to the release of Amnesia. The guys were kind enough to do a second, follow-up interview with me to talk a bit about things post Amnesia release. Learned some interesting things, got some good, relieving news, and a bit of a future to look forward to.

Give it a read here at Xugo Gaming.

And if you haven't read it, you can find my original interview with Frictional here.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: My follow-up interview with FG (post Amnesia)

No space themed horror? Too bad D:
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Find
NGW Offline

Yeah, was rather hoping for that as well, but eh..never know what the future holds.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

There better be some cool texture packs once I start getting the hang of the editor Big Grin
09-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

Good interview! Insofar as their sales are concerned, I honestly believe that with the good reviews the game will have better legs than the Penumbra games, and with future 50% off and 75% off sales they will exceed their sales goals and be financially sound to go about their business on their next title without the stress of severe financial constraints.
09-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Well done interview! I'm glad Amnesia ended up like it did in the end, horror pacman sounds a little strange...
09-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

Interesting interview.
I'm glad to read that whatever comes next won't be some silly sci fi with Alien type monsters. I much prefer castles etc,.
I would like to hear that there will be more emphasis on stealth, climbing, jumping and mantling (as in rock climbing - heraldic drapery), and possibly swimming.
More discovery with much better hidden items.
The tinderboxes were far too many and too easily found. In most of the youtube walk vids I've seen where the player wakes up first, none have looked in the room behind where he wakes up. They rush down the hall right away and never really appear to examine the area they are in fully.

Two different ways to play are needed for everyone to enjoy the game.
Hack and slash or typical shooter with uber weapons etc, no puzzles to solve and nothing to read.
and...
The same as Amnesia is now but a much longer dungeon crawl with the above I mentioned, stealth, discovery, puzzles etc.

Having the game to remember various levels so you can 'go back' and check the level again.
I liked the way the game autosaves, but it only does it for 20 games. More than enough to play the game thru but earlier saves are rewritten. I like lots of saves so later, I can start from a variety of different places, without having to start from the beginning.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Find