Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot buy Amnesia by PayPal
kwahoo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago I cannot buy Amnesia by PayPal

When I try buy Amnesia by eStore I see
"Link your card to perform an instant payment

To achieve this purchase, you must add a credit card. For certain payments, such as instant and immediate payments, require a credit card"

Few months ago I bought by PP Penumbra pack without any problems.

I've > $20 on my PayPal account.

Attached Files
.jpg   pp.jpg (Size: 121.82 KB / Downloads: 149)
09-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: I cannot buy Amnesia by PayPal

What's the currency of PayPal?

09-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Website Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

Its fuckinng PayPal bug! I had these 1 year ago with steam but than it runs well and now i can buy all with paypal Big Grin Never had this bug again. But my friends cant use paypal they have the same issue. PayPal is to stupid to fix that
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Find
kwahoo Offline

(09-23-2010, 12:27 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: What's the currency of PayPal?

PLN (base) and USD. I converted PLN to USD.
Finally I bought Amnesia by Visa (without PayPal).
09-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Sometimes PayPal's currency makes it more expensive than it was. Glad you have the game now.

09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Website Find
kwahoo Offline

The reason was 22% VAT. My fault. Also PP is too stupid to display message like "You haven't enough money". Smile
09-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Find
Fenris Offline

Threads: 0

Same problem here: esellerate tells me that the seller accepts instant payment only but i don't posess a Visa-, Master- or AmericanExpress-card. I tried setting the correct VAT-code and switching the currency from EUR to USD, but it didn't work. Any other way to purchase the game in western-europa for GNU/Linux?
09-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Find
Yodake Offline

Threads: 3

(09-29-2010, 08:20 PM)Fenris Wrote: Same problem here: esellerate tells me that the seller accepts instant payment only but i don't posess a Visa-, Master- or AmericanExpress-card. I tried setting the correct VAT-code and switching the currency from EUR to USD, but it didn't work. Any other way to purchase the game in western-europa for GNU/Linux?

have a look here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4699.html

still waiting.. Wink
09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

So you have enough funds in your paypal account, but the store does not accept those funds? So you need to have a credit card connected to your paypal account even if you already have enough funds in the paypal account?

Update on a new paypal only store, that will not happen we have decided for various reasons. But we are working on another payment option as well.
09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Website Find
Fenris Offline

Threads: 0

@Yodake
Thanks for your effort! btw: I have a similar opinion about Steam... And even if i would be willing to buy through Steam: I wan't the game for GNU/Linux.
(so schlecht war dein Englisch übrigens gar nicht - glaub ich zumindest Big Grin)

(09-29-2010, 08:53 PM)jens Wrote: So you have enough funds in your paypal account, but the store does not accept those funds? So you need to have a credit card connected to your paypal account even if you already have enough funds in the paypal account?
Well, i have to admit that i didn't try that yet. My suggestion was that it will work the same way as it worked with World of Goo (transmitting the money to my PayPal-account after buying through PayPal-Interface) but now i realize that this might have been a stupid suggestion. Blush I'll transmit the sufficient amount to my PayPal-Account, try buying the game again and report if it will have worked.

(09-29-2010, 08:53 PM)jens Wrote: Update on a new paypal only store, that will not happen we have decided for various reasons. But we are working on another payment option as well.
Sounds good.

Thank you, jens!
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Find