Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkest hour (working title)
Nippew Offline

Threads: 4
Darkest hour (working title)

Hi, i been making this map for well over a week now. The actual map design will be ready approximately after this week-end, then there's still the details, lighting etc, story, yes story! This will actually have one, i have already the basic idea ready; You have to explore the darkest places of the castle Brennenburg and figure the way out of this hell-of-a-area, you will also see some THINGS! For example the problem solving will be, keyfinding, puzzles and simply finding ways to continue by hints which the old habitants have left.
The map haves 2 different areas, other quite big and other, the final is half of that. Here is couple of screenies:
[Image: wwwdi.png]
[Image: wwwk.png]
09-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Find
Shinjou Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Darkest hour (working title)

Great, looks promising i'd love to try it out... BUT!

A story, getting out of there? Well son, who hasnt made a campaign where u wanna get OUT! ;D
I suggest making a slightly different story, a unique one Smile
Like for example, going deeper into hell to find ur wife who seems to be screaming from deep withing the... dungeon, for example... and in the end, u end up BECOMING a monster? not exactly that if u dont want to (because making a female body model might be a pain, and there would be shitloads of scripting etc Tongue), but u get the idea...

Just a tip, advice... suggestion! Thats the word i was looking for ;D

Love ya <3

Metal has three forms, Solid, Liquid, and Gas form... even water has these forms! HELL, ALLMOST EVERYTHING HAS THOSE FORMS! Thinking the way i do makes the world damn boring... everything is made of gasses T_T
09-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Find
Nippew Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Darkest hour (working title)

I found out that i'm totally incapable to make even a simplest script working so i decided to share my unfinished map file if somebody would like to make a story on it. It still needs 1 room to be made, other it should be ok, apart from making lights and details to someplaces.
Here ya go; http://www.mediafire.com/?onutnprna885631
09-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Find