Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notepad++
ScarlettTreasure Offline

Threads: 1
Notepad++

Hi, I'm rather new around here, and I downloaded notepad++, but I want to make sure i'm downloading it correctly. I tried following https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/th...xt/notepad I followed steps 1-3 but it's 4 and 5 that i'm just not understanding. Could someone dumb it down and explain how to get to the point where I can script? Thanks.

I've made sucessful CS before, but I've never been the one to code them (I've always been the one to do the construction of the levels) therefore I probably will be asking a lot of coding and scripting questions, so please bare with me Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 10:43 PM by ScarlettTreasure.)
05-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Notepad++

Quote:4. Download userdefinelang.zip, unzip and go to Language - Define your dialogue → Import unzipped file “userDefineLang.XML”
It says you gotta download the file UserDefineLang.zip (click it), then you unzip it anywhere like c:/doom. You get a file called userDefineLang.XML.
c:/doom/userDefineLang.XML This one you import it as a new language into Note++. How you import it?
Open Notepad++, go to the menu Language (next to Encoding), from the list you click Define your language. This opens a new window to customize/define a new language. Click the button "Import..." (the one at the left-top corner). Now you select the file you just downloaded c:/doom/userDefineLang.XML. Accept and you're done.

Quote:5. Download hps.zip, unzip and go to Program Files\Notepad++\plugins\APIs and put hps.xml here.
This step only wants you to place a file (hps.xml) at /plugins/APIs.
So, download the file by clicking it (not here, on the wiki), unzip it, move hps.xml to /plugins/api, and restart notepad++.

If you can't locate this directory, you can press the Windows key, type notepad++, right click it from the list and select Open file location.
Now enter the directory plugins/APIs. There you put the file. That's all.

Just so you know, you can make notepad++ treat any file as a .hps by going to Language menu -> click HPS at the bottom.

05-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Find