Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.39 Average
Black Forest Castle V2.1 (micro update!)
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Black Forest Castle V2 (Now Available)

Yeah, I played it and I gotta say its better than anything I played so far, but the standards for stories are quiet low in my opinion here. Still its damn good.

Only problems I had:
Spoiler below!
Lanterns not easy to find. Well, its easy to find, but as a extreme neccessity of the game, it shouldn't be so easy to pass up. I was playing this with my friends and they didn't find the lantern, and by the time they got to the wine cellar they found out they passed it and where really annoyed.

The times jawless came in where pretty damn good, I mean in the wine cellar where you blocked the closet you had to hide in if you left would have screwed anyone who doesn't search anything over. Although this could have a lot more potential if you found a way to make it so that it'd screw over a larger player base, because 99% people would clear it to see whats inside, rather than ignore it and get screwed over by jawless.

The jawless in the closet was frigen brilliant. First I ran into it and was like "OH SHIT!" and fucking booked it downstairs, then my next friend knew something was up and heard that window break and thought he was in the room same thing. Unfortunently he spoiled it to the last person who went up there, who proceeded to block the closet with pretty much anything he could find, however jawless busted through all of it.

Unfortunately, they rage quitted at this part because when jawless sticks around he's a bit too hard to sneak around to get outside. For us he sat outside, then we lured him inside and he stood right in the doorway and spun around in circles. If you where going to make him stay and patrol you should have made him go upstairs again, and even if he did make it so he patrols a bit faster, because I mean he stood outside for a good 5 minutes for me, and I had to actually let him see me, hit me, and then I ran outside and hid behind some shit.

After this the brute's entrances kind of paled in comparison to the jawless ones.

So yeah, its great, but there is still room for improvement.

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

(04-06-2011, 02:28 AM)Shev Wrote: Yeah, I played it and I gotta say its better than anything I played so far, but the standards for stories are quiet low in my opinion here. Still its damn good.

Only problems I had:
Spoiler below!
Lanterns not easy to find. Well, its easy to find, but as a extreme neccessity of the game, it shouldn't be so easy to pass up. I was playing this with my friends and they didn't find the lantern, and by the time they got to the wine cellar they found out they passed it and where really annoyed.

The times jawless came in where pretty damn good, I mean in the wine cellar where you blocked the closet you had to hide in if you left would have screwed anyone who doesn't search anything over. Although this could have a lot more potential if you found a way to make it so that it'd screw over a larger player base, because 99% people would clear it to see whats inside, rather than ignore it and get screwed over by jawless.

The jawless in the closet was frigen brilliant. First I ran into it and was like "OH SHIT!" and fucking booked it downstairs, then my next friend knew something was up and heard that window break and thought he was in the room same thing. Unfortunently he spoiled it to the last person who went up there, who proceeded to block the closet with pretty much anything he could find, however jawless busted through all of it.

Unfortunately, they rage quitted at this part because when jawless sticks around he's a bit too hard to sneak around to get outside. For us he sat outside, then we lured him inside and he stood right in the doorway and spun around in circles. If you where going to make him stay and patrol you should have made him go upstairs again, and even if he did make it so he patrols a bit faster, because I mean he stood outside for a good 5 minutes for me, and I had to actually let him see me, hit me, and then I ran outside and hid behind some shit.

After this the brute's entrances kind of paled in comparison to the jawless ones.

Thanks for the feedback, man, I appreciate it! I agree with you, there will always be room for improvement. If you take a look at my post before yours, you can see exactly why the grunt spun in circles like he did. I've since changed the way that event occurs. I've made it so the grunt does not patrol long, but rather disappears after a minute or two, and he should not spin anymore either. I'm quickly testing it out to be sure and then will upload it for you guys.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
04-06-2011, 05:02 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(04-06-2011, 05:02 AM)theDARKW0LF Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 02:28 AM)Shev Wrote: Yeah, I played it and I gotta say its better than anything I played so far, but the standards for stories are quiet low in my opinion here. Still its damn good.

Only problems I had:
Spoiler below!

Thanks for the feedback, man, I appreciate it! I agree with you, there will always be room for improvement. If you take a look at my post before yours, you can see exactly why the grunt spun in circles like he did. I've since changed the way that event occurs. I've made it so the grunt does not patrol long, but rather disappears after a minute or two, and he should not spin anymore either. I'm quickly testing it out to be sure and then will upload it for you guys.

Yeah feedbacks the only way to really get better, thats why I'm as blunt as possible despite how much it usually pisses people off.

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-06-2011, 05:20 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

(04-06-2011, 05:20 AM)Shev Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 05:02 AM)theDARKW0LF Wrote:

Only problems I had:
Spoiler below!

Yeah feedbacks the only way to really get better, thats why I'm as blunt as possible despite how much it usually pisses people off.

Agreed, it's often necessary. Good thing I'm not one of them. Big Grin

04-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Threads: 2

I REALLY enjoyed this story, and it's easy to see that you've put alot of effort into it. This is easily the best custom story I've ever played.

Also, one of my own experiences:

Spoiler below!
The closet grunt. When I first picked up the crowbar and heard glass shatter, I thought I had to dart inside the closet. The grunt jumped RIGHT out at me and walked RIGHT PAST ME for some reason, even though he nearly walked into me and my lantern was on.

Anyways, after some serious hide n' seek, he was determined to stay under the stairs and wait for me instead of patrolling, so I willingly ran into him so he could kill me. I ended up at the start of the level with all my items, so I could easily progress further, and eventually beat the story.

Thing is, are you SUPPOSED to keep all items? Are you supposed to not have different spawn points? If this information was unknown to you, then I'm glad to help. If it wasn't, then at least I tried.

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
04-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah he made me lol too, walked past me and I just said sup, because he stared at me for like 4 seconds, then walked off, was epic.
04-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

(04-06-2011, 11:37 AM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote: I REALLY enjoyed this story, and it's easy to see that you've put alot of effort into it. This is easily the best custom story I've ever played.

Also, one of my own experiences:

Spoiler below!
The closet grunt. When I first picked up the crowbar and heard glass shatter, I thought I had to dart inside the closet. The grunt jumped RIGHT out at me and walked RIGHT PAST ME for some reason, even though he nearly walked into me and my lantern was on.

Anyways, after some serious hide n' seek, he was determined to stay under the stairs and wait for me instead of patrolling, so I willingly ran into him so he could kill me. I ended up at the start of the level with all my items, so I could easily progress further, and eventually beat the story.

Thing is, are you SUPPOSED to keep all items? Are you supposed to not have different spawn points? If this information was unknown to you, then I'm glad to help. If it wasn't, then at least I tried.

Yeah, it's fine if you keep the keys after you die. I never truly figured how to make checkpoints since they are a major hassle to deal with, I've learned. So the keeping your keys so you can still continue is just a compromise so that you don't need to restart the story if you die.

04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

I heard you are cooking something new Big Grin I enjoyes this map and i hope the next one will be even better !
04-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Website Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Yes, I am in the middle of making something new, though don't expect it for a few months.

In other news, I just updated the story with a redesigned storage room layout (where the enemy comes from the you-know-what, if you've played it already), added oil, and I even implemented CHECKPOINTS so you can't get stuck under any circumstances now!!

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011, 07:25 AM by theDARKW0LF.)
04-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Find
Heka Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Black Forest Castle V2 (Now Available - Updated)

This was the first custom story I have played and I can say it was way scarier than offical maps Big Grin Tho I got outside the map area and got stuck therefore I have to restart the whole map coz there arent checkpoints and I have to save when quitting.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/heka_fof picture of it here

Also one problem:
Spoiler below!
I found the crowbar and the zombie destroyed the door which was mentioned in te joyrnal. So where I have to use the crowbar, cant figure it out :/
04-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Find