Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Halo: Reach: made $200 million
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Halo: Reach: made $200 million

I have played some of both of the first Halo games and quit rather early because of boredom, stupid AI, bad writing, and guns that feel like they were made by Fisher Price. Multiplayer in Halo is okay, but again, not my thing, mostly due to the shitty guns. Never played Halo 2's multiplayer. Considering what I've seen of the other Halo games, it's more of the same.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Website Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

..how is this on topic btw?

Anyways...eh not the biggest Halo fan. The first game was great. Second and third were average at best. Wars was..well a console RTS (lol). And ODLC was glorified DLC.

Reach (from what I played of the beta) is closest the franchise has come to getting back on track with the quality of the original. That said, I refuse to pay for LIVE Gold and with the campaign being nowhere near a $60 game, I'm waiting on a heavy price cut.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
10-02-2010, 05:43 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

I've never played Halo before in my life, but I'm always turned off by whatever is excessively popular. There might be some redeeming qualities to it, but I figure any game that is capable of earning $200 million for someone in ONE DAY has got to have something wrong with it. To be a bit more clear about what I mean...anything that can be THAT popular--whether it be something like Miley Cyrus, or Saw movies as well as Halo--has got to be bland and devoid of anything truly unique.
10-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Find
vikeyev Offline

Threads: 2

(09-25-2010, 01:16 PM)Scraper Wrote: But I agree that console games are taking over the game market right now...

Not really, try to think of it this way. Consoles are for people who just want to chuck something on and have a quick game, or some easy multiplayer or for people with little to no computing skills.

Computers on the other hand are the real legends, you actually get a choice in your operating system (yet still for some reason everyone chooses windows, but that's to be expected when developers focus most of their efforts on that OS), you can program on computers, I mean seriously even games are made on pc. PC has a million times more downloadable content especially for open source games, you can properly and easily browse the net on PC. On PC you can find tools to help you hack phones, consoles, computer tablets and other PC's. I even heard thanks to the extreme crappiness of smash bros brawl, people used a hack to hack their wii and recreate the game the way they wanted it, they call it smash bros brawl+ and you can hack your wii and get it too. Let's see someone do that with a console. PC has better graphics and faster components, you should see the motherboards with dual and quad cpu sockets, by which I mean you can have 2 and 4 cpu's. I saw a youtube vid some guy had 2 intel corei7 980 Xtreme 6 core cpu's and 48 GB of ramm and 4 Radeon HD5880 overclocked in the evga sr2 classified and yet their are better computers out their. Fact of matter is, consoles are for children, people who want to have a quick and lazy game and for people who don't have friends with computers and can come round for a multiplay with them. Oh and for people who do have computers and just want to jump on to a console for some fun every now and then.

But the fact still remains, computers beat consoles hands down and they ALWAYS will.

MOBO: Asus M4A87TD/USB3
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 245
GPU: Radeon HD5770
RAM: Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V
PSU: 600 watt shark
HDD: West Gate 1TB 7200RPM SATA2
10-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Find
khawaja07 Offline

Threads: 9

(09-25-2010, 12:47 PM)Jinix Wrote: Just read this :
Halo: Reach, the Xbox 360 game racked up a staggering one-day total in the United States alone of $200 million (U.S. dollars.)

Good Grief! That's a lot of money, lets hope FG gets that rich!
and that's just for xbox. Looks like consoles will be the rulers from now on.

Just Three words for you..

IN YOUR DREAMS..
10-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Find
Zanderat Offline

Threads: 3

What the heck does any of this have to do with Amnesia?
10-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Find
vikeyev Offline

Threads: 2

(10-02-2010, 02:23 PM)Zanderat Wrote: What the heck does any of this have to do with Amnesia?

Well some people got amnesia and forgot that consoles were crap, so technically it has a lot to do with amnesia Tongue

MOBO: Asus M4A87TD/USB3
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 245
GPU: Radeon HD5770
RAM: Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB (1333MHz) DDR3 RAM, Non ECC Unbuffered, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V
PSU: 600 watt shark
HDD: West Gate 1TB 7200RPM SATA2
10-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3

O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on; that cuckold lives in bliss
Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger;
But, O, what damned minutes tells he o'er
Who dotes, yet doubts, suspects, yet strongly loves!

Unless your primary goal is to do something, there will always be someone else who does it better. If Frictional's primary goal is to make the highest grossing video game, they have failed. If, however, Frictional's goal is to make the best horror video game in a way that sells well enough to provide a stable income for their employees, it sounds like they're close to succeeding.

And as such, let Halo:Reach have its heyday. Its success doesn't diminish Frictional's.
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Find
dvow Offline

Threads: 1

All of the people going "*SCOFF* halo sucks, and I am far beyond such trivial gaming" are funny. You guys are the reason why I usually avoid independent game communities, because they tend to be full of pretentious douchebags that somehow think they're better than everyone else.

Hats off to the guy that likes both Halo and Amnesia, and wasn't afraid to say it. You give me hope.
10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(10-02-2010, 10:41 PM)dvow Wrote: All of the people going "*SCOFF* halo sucks, and I am far beyond such trivial gaming" are funny. You guys are the reason why I usually avoid independent game communities, because they tend to be full of pretentious douchebags that somehow think they're better than everyone else.

Hats off to the guy that likes both Halo and Amnesia, and wasn't afraid to say it. You give me hope.

It's not that I dislike trivial gaming. It's that Halo is shit.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Website Find